Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by TheLostOne

1. TheLostOne

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

I hear you, but honestly TTON combat matters less than if they can nail the characters, dialog, setting and story. PS:T had garbage combat so I'm pretty sure this will at least exceed that one. They've straight up said that combat is not the focus of the game and there won't be (m)any trash...
  2. TheLostOne

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

You expressed my thoughts exactly. I had extreme doubts as to the ability of inXile to capture the essence of Torment, and this trailer really makes it feel like they get it. I also LOVE the dialog windows, font and colored texts. No idea what that other guy is on about. I appreciate the out...
  3. TheLostOne

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

On the Paizo forums, Lisa (their CEO) confirmed that this was just a first project of a long partnership and that actual RPGs are to come in the future. This was just a first project that was fairly quick to put together.
  4. TheLostOne

Risen 3: Titan Lords

Damn alligator hidden in the water just scared the shit out of me.
  5. TheLostOne

Risen 3: Titan Lords

Just started playing around a bit. Playing on hard is pretty mandatory for a decent challenge. Most fights are pretty easy still but got swarmed by some monkeys a couple times which actually almost took me down. The game is definitely rough around the edges. Camera is twitchy, combat is...
  6. TheLostOne

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Fair point. I wasn't making the claim that their arguments are sound or otherwise. I haven't had the interest to read them. It just sounded like you were suggesting that you needed specific evidence of mechanics to have problems with the game designers' general direction and philosophy.
  7. TheLostOne

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Not particularly interested in the specific topics this argument has been covering, but that sentiment you just posted is kind of bullshit. It is completely reasonable to be concerned about the overall vision and design behind the mechanics despite not having a problem specifically with the...
  8. TheLostOne

Simple Storm of Zehir question

No. IIRC there are some evil choices you can make, but you don't get to join the bad guys. The game barely notices if you have a Yuan-ti party member.
  9. TheLostOne

Decline Sacred 3

Sterling gives it too much credit. Watched the video on RPS. Pretty dreadful. Of course anyone who was even remotely aware of the debacle leading up to this game should have expected this. Shame because Sacred was a guilty pleasure of mine.
  10. TheLostOne

Codex Interview Sensuki Interviews Josh Sawyer about Pillars of Eternity

It sucks, sure, but he's got a point. Hopefully they can make plenty of interesting and unique encounters even if they don't have the resources to get really complex. They better be doing some crazy encounter design come PoE2, though.
  11. TheLostOne

Baldur's Gate PoE vs IE: Do wizards need to have more stuff to do in combat? DISCUSS!

Yeah, they're useful. Especially against those spiders which are beasts at low level. If I want to have spells available for the tough fights, though, I'm not going all out in the others. 75% was a bit of hyperbole, but the point was that he's not casting every fight.
  12. TheLostOne

Baldur's Gate PoE vs IE: Do wizards need to have more stuff to do in combat? DISCUSS!

That's the whole thing. Classic party stories are all based around the idea that everyone has different strengths and weaknesses. I just feel like games have drifted away from this idea in the interest of making things "fair." I get that there are challenges designing a game around...
  13. TheLostOne

I've played plenty of low level D&D. I think it's a matter of expectation and setting. A level 1 party are a ragtag group of nobodies. The best your little village had to offer, sure, but not masters of the universe. Everyone is weak and squishy, fighters included. The wizard is just out of...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom