Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by TheWorld

1. TheWorld

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

I started playing the game a few days ago. I've heard lot of stuff about it, some good and some bad, and wanted to make my own opinion. I'm not a fan of tw3 (which I consider just an okay game), so I wasn't expecting much. I am at the start of chapter 2 and I am hating it for now. There is a...
  2. TheWorld

Most regretful purchases?

I really wanted to play a good Call of Cthulhu game for a few years, so I ended up pre-ordering the 2018 game (around 60 euro I think?). What a horrible piece of shit. Then a few months later I pre-ordered Stygian, thinking "at some point they will put out a good cthulhu game again". Nope...
  3. TheWorld

Incline Strangeland - new adventure game from Wormwood Studios

I think most people will agree with you. I'm not a fan of waiting for the bad guy to punch me if I missed \ wanna check better something in another location. But yeah, minor thing. As I wrote I really liked the other puzzles, like the telephone number, the work orders, calling the valkyrie... I...
  4. TheWorld

Incline Strangeland - new adventure game from Wormwood Studios

I finished this game yesterday. It took me a couple of evenings, and I really enjoyed it. The art style is beautiful, the writing is strong, and the puzzles easy but fun. While I have seen similar themes and situations in games like sanitarium... who cares? The different ideas, and how they were...
  5. TheWorld

KickStarter Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption - adventure-RPG from the creators of Quest for Glory

I think the Coles still "got it". I did enjoy Hero U and thought it was well written. The problem, as said in this thread, is that their management skills are shit, and they marketing skills also. It was quickly clear that the art choices they made were horrible, whoever did the 2d graphics...
  6. TheWorld

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - action adventure from Respawn Entertainment

I've played the game through the power of arrrr and felt pretty... underwhelmed. The opening part is okayish if you like that kinda of very scripted AAA stuff. When you get the lightsaber it's kinda nice killing stormtroopers... and the lightsaber kills enemy fast enough, doesn't look like a...
  7. TheWorld

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Finished the game yesterday. I really loved it. The writing and characters were really brilliant, managing to strike a good balance between being funny and being sad and melancholic. While the game was pretty linear and there are some events where they could have given us more fredom (and I feel...
  8. TheWorld

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

I've started it yesterday but managed to play it only a few minutes. Loving it so far, there are some really brilliant ideas here. I decided to go for the sherlock holmes type guy (5-1-2-3 or something like that). I've been dying quite often for lack of morale yesterday... am I doing something...
  9. TheWorld

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Finished act 1. Didn't have a lot of trouble with the stag lord and I liked how you can do a lot of stuff to make that combat easier. I'm using a mix of real time (for trash fights) and turn based (for everything else) which does get the combat easier, but also much more interesting for me. As...
  10. TheWorld

KickStarter Summer Daze - light-hearted Hero-U mini-sequel

I think so too. They just don't seem to want to make that game. And, since they often said that they didn't have the budget to do something like that (which always felt a bit weird to me, since there are tons of adventure indie games coming out) I thought they could have also gone for something...
  11. TheWorld

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Just joined the party.. Very late. This game is so awesome! I haven't been pulled in an rpg like this for ages. It brings so many baldur's gate vibes.. The game is also kicking my ass pretty hard. I was exploring sycamore depths at lvl 2 and both skeletal campions and the giant centipede made me...
  12. TheWorld

KickStarter Summer Daze - light-hearted Hero-U mini-sequel

This doesn't look very interesting... and it looks a really weird choice... doesn't look like something that can interest the qfg fans. That said... i've backed it. Quest for glory is my favourite saga and I actually enjoyed a lot hero-u, even though I think it has a lot of flaws. I would have...
  13. TheWorld

KickStarter Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones - a Lovecraftian Computer RPG

Played for an hour or so. Really liking what I've seen so far but I've encountered a bug after a level up. Now every time I try to open inventory/map/spells etc. I always end up at the character main page. Can't switch to any other page from there. Checked to see if I forgot to level up...
  14. TheWorld

KickStarter Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones - a Lovecraftian Computer RPG

Bought it and just started it. I didn't kickstart it and was not sure after reading your some opinions but I'm a big fun of everything related to Lovecraft, and I'm hoping the developers are going to work on it and at least improve the bugs and the speed (which seems to be a big portions of the...
  15. TheWorld

Age of Decadence is the best CRPG of the past 15 years

I don't know if it's the best crpg of the last 15 years or not, as some other poster have noted we've had some pretty great stuff like vtm, fnv, underrail, etc. . What I know is that it's a fucking amazing game. Great writing, great combat, great C&C. It's funny how it is considered by many a...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom