Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Thorsson

1. Thorsson

Fucking ToEE, how does it work

I also used Charm Animal on the Bear. It distracted the Giant for the best part of 3 rounds. I also used Grease on him. The other thing I always do is sneak in and take the loot before the fight - there are several useful items that help in the fight.
  2. Thorsson

Fucking ToEE, how does it work

Just want to note that Druid & Bard helped a lot early on in my current run through - Druid has Entangle plus animals galore and the Bard can get several uses of Grease on the fly at level 2, plus his Inspire Courage helps just about everyone.
  3. Thorsson

Temple+ Support archive

Sure, I understand. Trouble is I deleted the saves with the bug, which means I have to go back to an earlier save and then try to re-create the situation. Unfortunately this is not trivial as I was oversaving, meaning that the previous save was a fair bit earlier. I can say that I haven't had...
  4. Thorsson

Temple+ Support archive

Carrying a Shield?
  5. Thorsson

Temple+ Support archive

I'll look at that, I may have to pick an earlier save as I overwrote the ones while entangled. I did also CTD twice, while trying to see if it would clear. The dumps clearly show the Entangled status.
  6. Thorsson

Temple+ Support archive

Every time in the fight against Lareth, so far (tried 3 times). Other than that I haven't cast it in a while, but I did use it earlier in the game with no ill effects. That was before the latest update.
  7. Thorsson

Temple+ Support archive

I mean that I have three characters that are permanently affected by an Entangle Spell cast by my Druid. From what I recall this is an original game bug. I have savegames if you need, but I hope you will know what I mean now.
  8. Thorsson

Temple+ Support archive

This may be posted elsewhere, but I couldn't find it. Is there any fix for the permanent spell bug, apart from dieing and being raised? Also, I tried the same fight twice and the bug hit on Entangle both times - is there any way to minimise the chances/does it always proc from the same...
  9. Thorsson

NWN Neverwinter Nights (NWN & NWN2) Modules Thread

I guess I'm not self-respecting then. It is still being updated.
  10. Thorsson

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

Don't worry, I am urging them to improve the AI, the UI etc. I don't see full party control as anywhere near the top of any wishlist, because it doesn't affect MP and nothing in current SP is balanced for it; it could only therefore be used for new SP modules, which sounds like something for a...
  11. Thorsson

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

That there are issues with NWN2's implementation of full party control shouldn't distract from the fact that it's better than NWN's henchmen. Nor should you forget that NWN2 was also primarily designed as a multiplayer game. The main problem in NWN2 is the same as in NWN - the AI sucks. It's why...
  12. Thorsson

More user choice can only be a good thing and that includes the ability to take over henchmen, however if you could fully control henchmen in existing material it would likely make it a lot easier and therefore destroy balance. And it has no bearing at all on Multiplayer. As such I wouldn't see...
  13. Thorsson

Maybe you'd better tell that to the people that are now enjoying excellent MP experience with NWN2. A lot of stuff has been sorted the last few years. Of course it depends what your core issues were, but mine have largely been resolved.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom