Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by throwaway

1. throwaway

Vapourware Sui Generis + Exanima Early Access

Is the new renderer still borked on Linux?
  2. throwaway

Steam Deck ~ PC Switch

This thing was built for me. I have been closely watching the GPDWin space for years. The switch has been a godsent for getting me to play some backlog stuff and the portability is 70% of the reason. The other 30% is the lack of needing to fiddle with things (mods, patches, graphical settings...
  3. throwaway

Discord request, sir.

Discord request, sir.
  4. throwaway

Nintendo Switch, the only console today making games which are games

In case the switch is anyone’s main gaming device, I’m happy to report the following ports that might have slipped under your radar Subnautica Disco Elysium Braid Kings Bounty 2 Personally, after getting through the rather good Talos Principle I’m urging for something action-y that requires low...
  5. throwaway

What's the closest thing to a Gothic-like on the Switch? (I was hoping they'd port Elex or the Risens but I guess the Krauts don't switch) I got half a mind to dive into skyrim a decade late but I figured I can hold off till the hype dies.
  6. throwaway

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Thread

Is this likely to get ported to the Switch? What with PoE, DivOS2, Witcher 3, Beamdog's Enhanced Editions and InExile's own Wasteland 2 getting ported, there seems to be a space opening up for these sort of games. Or did the game tank so hard Fargo would not touch it/throw money at it again?
  7. throwaway

To answer myself: No. I overestimated what this thing is capable of. Forgot that it's an ARM platform so getting it to run Linux does not mean Steam and Wine necessarily follow. I'm actually thankful for all the Beamdog ports etc now.
  8. throwaway

Decided to take the plunge a bit too late, most major shops already stock only the patched version in the UK so I'm likely to have to resort to a used one from a place like CEX. What's the worst thing that can happen to a used one? Joycons will drift but they can be replaced. Battery will have...
  9. throwaway

Is there's much of a running-pc-games-via-Linux scene on the homebrew? I've been eyeing a dedicated gaming system and this, including the multi platform releases or stuff like Souls or DOS2 has made me dream of the perfect compromise between convenience and pc-oriented gaming tastes.
  10. throwaway

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

Maybe I'm going through an overlong phase but Google Stadia's promise of click and play within seconds has made me reconsider the amount of time this path requires. I once spent over a week of my life trying (and succeeding) to mod Fallout 3 into something good, even watched a dozen Gopher...
  11. throwaway

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

So I spent in metric fuck ton of hours yesterday trying to find the quickest and simplest way to install what ever the essential modes are considered to be. I made the mistake of mostly looking through Reddit searches, which I guess indicates how much of a normie I've turned into after 3 or so...
  12. throwaway

So I've been lost the past few days inside this. I'm between saying that it is good value for 15E and thinking it wouldn't pass the QA of any major publishers due to being a pain in the ass to play. I've not been as frustrated by an engine since NWN2. It's not that i's buggy like that POS was...
  13. throwaway

Has there been anything on the over-world portion of Sui Generis in the past few years? I remember being equally interested in their landscape creation engine as by their combat but it's been so long "Exanima" practically erased Sui Generis in my mind?
  14. throwaway

New Vegas mods

This one was pretty good for me and it's updated often enough.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom