Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by TimCain

1. TimCain

Information Felipepepe's Encyclopedic CRPG Book Released

Congratulations felipepepe, the book is truly monumental in scope.
  2. TimCain

Development Info Tim Cain at Reboot Develop 2017 - Building a Better RPG: Seven Mistakes to Avoid

Oh, and you can still rock climb. One of my designers wants to add a "look under the hood" button to character creation, to expose the numbers. We will explore that option.
  3. TimCain

Next RPG to get excited for?

Hexer, you should have come up and said hello. Or did you?
  4. TimCain

Development Info Tim Cain at Reboot Develop 2017 - Building a Better RPG: Seven Mistakes to Avoid

Wow, long thread. I will admit I don't have time to read it all, but let me say this. I think there has been a misunderstanding of my talk. I never said I don't like complex systems, just that I don't like the presentation of so much complexity in the first few minutes of the game, like in...
  5. TimCain

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Well, there is only one way to find out.
  6. TimCain

Interview Chris Avellone tells all on My Favourite Game

I asked the writer of that dialog if it was intended as a dig against Black Isle Studios, and he said it was. Which surprised me, because he was never angry with Feargus or Black Isle Studios. In any case, I apologize for this dialog, fifteen years too late.
  7. TimCain

Interview Chris Avellone tells all on My Favourite Game

That sticker does not refer to Black Isle Studios, but to BIS, the Scottish indie band, which I really like, btw. Their album, Plastique Nouveau, had come out while Temple of Elemental Evil was being developed alongside of Bloodlines, and several of us on ToEE were listening to it a lot at work...
  8. TimCain

Arcanum Journey to the center of Arcanum concept pitch

We added sprite mirroring to reduce video memory usage. We only loaded the first five rotations and then mirrored the middle three, which saved vram. We left the art on disk with the intention of adding an option later to disable mirroring, but other fixes took priority in the patches. We never...
  9. TimCain

Drog, Aha, that helped me find it! Yes, I sent this to a Russian fan in 2011. I had trouble finding it then (and now), but I found my email to them, which led me back to the original document. I had trouble finding it because it was not under Troika Designs or Arcanum 2 folders, but under a...
  10. TimCain

Not at all. What I am saying is that I cannot tell you who wrote this. I have three or four treatments for JttCoA, and they are all different. One I remember writing, and it is full of game system ideas, for skills and attribute changes. Another is written from the basis of using the Tribes...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom