Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by torpid

1. torpid

Incline Hollow Knight

The game could definitely use a money sink. I wonder what it'll be.
  2. torpid

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

Sawyer's really branding himself as the one practical, forward-thinking guy at Obsidian. I knew he had "fixed" NWN2 but here he's going one step further and saying that he had figured it out in advance. If only "the owners" had listened. You hear that, MCA?
  3. torpid

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

It was probably nothing out of the ordinary, but when I read stuff like this (and Sawyer did phrase it in a specific way, "is there a single goddamn story in this mess that we can take...") I'm picturing Avellone as the unconstrained ideas guy and Sawyer trying to rein him in. Feargus just...
  4. torpid

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

ELEX! memes are fun, ludicrous praise of The Witcher 3 is something else entirely, what's going on
  5. torpid

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

Tag eins purchäse?
  6. torpid

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

But him making Alpha Protocol 2 without Obisidian means him having a studio, assuming AP2 is more than just a text adventure with stick-figure illustrations. So we're polarized between two options: A - Avellone has a plan to set up a full-fledged studio that develops and releases a game under...
  7. torpid

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

Did anyone notice the 4 red :Mon the 4 white screens? Obvious Easter Egg for the true connoisseur
  8. torpid

Will it be Obsidian redux? Co-found the studio with someone else, let the other guy run the day-to-day business, leave when he's been overruled/outvoted one too many times? I can't imagine a studio with Avellone alone at the helm, delivering an unadulterated MCA game. But maybe he's worked...
  9. torpid

He was thinking about creating a studio? When did he announce that? I haven't updated my Avellone.txt much since he left Obsidian and only wanted to work part-time. From where I had left off it's hard to picture him creating and presumably leading a studio when he clearly didn't like being in...
  10. torpid

Game News Underrail Dev Log #54: Specialization and Veteran Level Changes

I'm just rooting for anything that makes the game harder post-Junkyard tbh. Hopefully the expansion itself and the rebalance achieves that.
  11. torpid

Old Church Slavonic and the origin of Fampyrs, discuss!

The story of LoTR is AFAIK an entirely post-Hobbit creation though, so its writing should be properly dated as starting in the late 30s, even if some of the background material dates back to the 1910s. Is this thread a result of Infinitron's scissors? What's the original thread
  12. torpid

Playing The Witcher and corridor shooters makes you retarded - now scientifically proven

You, vidya gamer: playing The Witcher 3 with witcher sense active at all times Me, hippocampus-enhanced genius: playing Thief with eyes closed, navigating by dead reckoning and sound cues
  13. torpid

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

:nocountryforshitposters:
  14. torpid

Retardo Battle of the Titans: ELEX vs Grimoire

I did not expect PB to be the side that was going to keep us waiting. Grimoire might be patched into an unstoppable juggernaut by the time ELEX comes out
  15. torpid

The Valve and Steam Platform Discussion Thread

Valve isn't a company like other companies! Our fat nerd boss is willing to go full meme to show you how different we are--not just another corporation here, guys. Though I guess old-hippie-but-actually-super-rich is a fitting West Coast look.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom