Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by toucanplay

1. The Denuvo DRM Thread

Some British faggot will do it, don't worry.
  2. GOG.com

Most companies that collect data do embarrassingly little with it, often because they don't have enough people who know how to leverage that data. PlayStation isn't all that different. I'm pretty sure the store on the PS5 didn't have any recommendations until recently, and even basic...
  3. Cain on Games - Tim Cain's new YouTube channel

Evaluation by vibes is classic hairless twink behaviour, so I guess I'll defer to the expert.
  4. Incline Hey hey people, it's the SsethTzeentach thread

Well, if Sarathiour's Catholic and the game has a tall, funny-looking hat...
  5. Trigger the codex with a statement.

But will it still be Todd's ship?
  6. Never Enjoying Sequels More Than The Original

You will pay for your lack of vision!
  7. Cain on Games - Tim Cain's new YouTube channel

Are we sure it's that, and not all those times people argued with him over randomness? :smug: Going back through some of Tim's prior videos, I found one issue I disagree with him about: his preference for RPGs where you make one character as your avatar in the game world, with the idea being...
  8. How rapidly do you play through and complete RPGs?

I sort of agree, but a lot of adventure game developers have become overly cautious when it comes to puzzle design. People often use "adventure game moon logic" as a cover for not paying attention or generally being an idiot. I remember John Walker from RPS whining about how hard/obtuse the...
  9. Cain on Games - Tim Cain's new YouTube channel

A couple of points Tim here resonate with my own experience in programming (although not in the games industry). I've noticed an unfortunate trend in my own field that's like what he had to say about less experienced devs not digging into the assembly code. People will say "you don't have to...
  10. Incline The Great Best Adventures Thread

I don't really think it was just 3D that led to the downfall of adventure games, although the newness of technology and the money people always going after the new and flashy thing definitely didn't help. A lot of things were happening during that mid-late 90s era: Doom becoming a massive...
  11. Incline How long until AI is plugged into Unity/UE so we can have it make a game by telling it what to do?

Last time I played around with it, I wanted to use it to come up with visuals of people and places for a novel I was writing to help cement the details. It might have been good for portraits, but it was terrible for cities/geographic features, particularly if you already had some kind of...
  12. Incline How long until AI is plugged into Unity/UE so we can have it make a game by telling it what to do?

AI is incredibly overhyped right now, and all the fanboys gushing over it are fucking retarded, hucksters, or both, and companies using it to replace humans are jumping on the bandwagon far, far too early. Right now, LLMs can't do things like answer "is n a prime" correctly, even for the kind...
  13. GOG.com

I don't know if this is true or not, but it wouldn't surprise me. Game companies, like most companies nowadays, are hungry for two things: money and data. Launchers, particularly launchers connected to a store, make prompting people to buy DLC easier. They're also useful platforms for...
  14. Cain on Games - Tim Cain's new YouTube channel

I've worked in (non-game) tech for about ten years now, and I'm married to someone who's worked in (game and non-game) tech. We've run into the latter here and there (and we're both very critical towards incompetent people), but astonishingly bad managers/leadership are everywhere. A lot of the...
  15. Occult/alien/conspiracy adventure game

I'll mention Mystery of the Druids, since it definitely falls under "occult conspiracy adventure" category, although it's not a "good" game. It is very entertaining in parts, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom