Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by triCritical

1. Game News More on Oblivion voice acting

I have never understood the necessity to drive up the budget of a game by getting voice actors, who aren't even voice actors. Same pit the Hollywood CG films fall in. I mean the master of Mutants in Fallout was like 2 or 3 different characters in that game and he does the voices for Winnie the...
  2. Thank you, Codex.

What about that other one, I think its called Freedom Force, that uses the same engine as Morrowind. Its mission based, which sucks, but the world is pretty modifiable from what I understand.
  3. Preview Oblivion preview at Gaming Target

It depends how well they are done. For one thing in games with heavy replayability they stop cheating the second time around. In other words, I don't know what flowers to pick up on the way to Balmora. Furthermore, each time you play its different. ES games are games in which on the PC...
  4. Interview Oblivion tit for tat at GameCloud

Well your less of an RPG fan. People that have grown up with RPG's typically played DnD 2nd addition at least my generation. Having to roll to hit, even though a lame person could probably hit, and then damage. So people wanting to play an RPG, were more likely to totally be in with the...
  5. Preview Oblivion preview at Gaming Target

Your 100% correct. I think that is part of the non-linearity of the ES games. I believe it is assumed that a character will advance in a faction. Although this is not necessarily the case, therefore, the choice of advancing through a faction, is what makes choice on how to complete a grand...
  6. Interview Oblivion tit for tat at GameCloud

How was my point stupid? Are you as retarded as you sound. The analogy is fair, it is no more reaslistic to have hits decided on pointing and clicking, when real life, what we base realistic on, seems to suggest the oppositte. Base it on skills. RPG's present a way to do that. Pointing and...
  7. Interview Oblivion tit for tat at GameCloud

You fuckwit, this is what you quoted. You countrol a mouse view and click a button, how does that equate to more realistic and natural fencing then a roll? Which any dumbfuck with a half a braincell can arrive at the conclusion that by saying one thing is no more then other, does not imply...
  8. Preview Oblivion preview at Gaming Target

Haven't played sacred, but how much of the game is main plot vs sidequest. But my point is really, with Morrowind, you can play for over a hundred hours and never do one main plot quest. However, you can still refine and develop your character, albeit in an immature way and progress through...
  9. Interview Oblivion tit for tat at GameCloud

OMG its like sitting in a room with 40 year olds who have been smoking pot since grade school. They can't even form sentences, its just like my high school teacher said it would be.
  10. Interview Oblivion tit for tat at GameCloud

Yes all games are all pretty unrealistic. I guess your daddy forgot to tell you that. Yes but this is a roleplaying game, and animations only tell half the story. You also have stats. Hence, a standard animation and proximity range should not overrule your characters potential, because...
  11. Interview Oblivion tit for tat at GameCloud

St. had a perfect quote. I have not played Oblivion, obviously, however, in Morrowind, hits were anything but that. I think it would have been physically impossible for a tall character to even hit something like a mudcrab. Moreover, I have been hit by a mudcrab 5 feet away, slight...
  12. Oblivion skill list?

Guess what I am a programmer too. Hee Hee. Well actually I am a physicist too, a rather cool one, who just so happens to get pigeon-holed into programming with every job he ever gets. I have written all sorts of code, from application software, to radar AI, but I still find time to actually...
  13. Oblivion skill list?

AGHHHH See, already I am scared. For FO it would be more advantageous to read up on mid 20th century pop culture and sci-fi, along with perhaps sociology. The only Nuclear physics you need for FO is none. And the sort of stuff that might be useful, would probably be restricted by US...
  14. Preview Oblivion preview at Gaming Target

But its a pretty damn good adventure game, with some RPG elements. :wink:
  15. Oblivion skill list?

It doesn't have unarmored and still does have acrobatics. Or does light armor include no armor? Why not just combine acrobatics with athletics, since jumping, running and swimming all sort of go together. Not to mention whats the point of having hand to hand combat, with no unarmored skills...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom