Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by TrueNeutralPaladin

1. TrueNeutralPaladin

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Larian was worried that some players might be having a bad time - specifically, those players who are too stupid to bring quest items with them during the associated quests. Thus the latest hotfix introduced a system that allows players to use quest items which are stored at camp. And in a...
  2. TrueNeutralPaladin

Diplomacy should be a combat skill

I like the concept, and it reminds me of something that I did with a character in Morrowind: I used Calm spells to drop opponents out of combat, then initiated dialogue and used persuasion options to increase their disposition to 100, making them friendly. Some NPCs are scripted to be hostile...
  3. TrueNeutralPaladin

Dragon Age: Origins combat is better than Baldur's Gate 2

4 + war dog (if you use the mod that gives an extra slot for it) Battlefield control in DA:O > any of the IE games Primarily because of the threat/aggro system, but also because of activated abilities for crowd control.
  4. TrueNeutralPaladin

Icewind Dale Miss Icewind Dale 2020

Hmm.. Tough choice, but I've made my picks. Winner: Runners-up:
  5. TrueNeutralPaladin

Game News Gamedec now on Kickstarter

Well, that was quick: https://af.gog.com/news/coming_soon_gamedec?as=1649904300 ;)
  6. TrueNeutralPaladin

Game News Gamedec now on Kickstarter

No mention of DRM-free. Devs are Polish... GOG is Polish... Make some calls, send some emails, sit down and hash out some kind of promotion for the game. Well, not now, with everything locked down - but if they wanted my dosh, that's what should have been done before the Kickstarter. And even...
  7. TrueNeutralPaladin

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Being derived from D&D 3.5, Pathfinder inherited the core classes and multiclassing rules (including prestige classes), but Paizo has since began creating a large number of hybrid classes to allow players to "be the kind of character they want to be from Lv1 onward" (or something like that)...
  8. TrueNeutralPaladin

Divinity What makes a "Baldur's Gate" to you?

Essential elements: 1. Three elf bitches that constantly bicker over who gets to ride your dong. 2. A sister that calls you queer about a hundred times a day. 3. Swanky character portraits - the more the better. To improve a BG: 1. No retards - in other words, no Minsc. To ruin a BG: 1...
  9. TrueNeutralPaladin

Is there such a thing as an "Action RPG"? Poll inside

Any game involves some measure of player skill(s): dexterity, tactics, strategy, evaluation and selection of options, etc. Tentative stab at a definition of RPG: RPGs are games in which a player takes on the role of a character and is allowed to define that character to some extent via stats...
  10. TrueNeutralPaladin

Wizardry Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls - now available on PC

Thanks for bringing Venetica to my attention - I bought it from Fireflower. The game looks interesting, and I wanted to put the store to the test. Fireflower is okay. Downloads are about 1/13 the speed of GOG for me (2 MB/s with Fireflower and Chrono for Chrome vs. 26 MB/s with GOG Galaxy)...
  11. TrueNeutralPaladin

Nioh 2

That's the problem: due to the random results of forging and the exponentially increasing costs of soul matching, your build depends in part on luck and grinding to get desirable weapons and armor. Random drops can be acceptable, but the smithing system should allow you to customize and upgrade...
  12. TrueNeutralPaladin

Nioh 2

Nioh is one of my all-time favorites, and I'm stoked for the second game. Pretty much exactly what I want to hear (or read). Iterative approach ftw! Don't want. Don't need. Okay... I'll give you that one. ;) I'd settle for a more consistent means of creating and upgrading gear with...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom