Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Tuco Benedicto Pacifico

1. Tuco Benedicto Pacifico

Baldur's Gate Larian is moving away from D&D, no BG3 DLC or BG4

So, with the partial exception of the first... Complete shit?
  2. Tuco Benedicto Pacifico

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

I can agree that some of their decisions have been puzzlingly stupid regardless of budget and manpower available. Few other, on the other hand, can be fully explained with it. Like the baffling lack in enemy variety or the sloppy map design.
  3. Tuco Benedicto Pacifico

After putting few more hours into it I can confirm this feels one of the most half-baked sequels I've seen in a while. Then again, according to this thread the game lists roughly 1/4 of the developers as credited for working on the game compared to other recent Capcom productions...
  4. Tuco Benedicto Pacifico

There's also the not-so-trivial detail that the appeal of climbing on a griffin, minotaur, cyclop or ogre and stab them tends to wane JUUUUUST a bit when it's the sixth or seventh time you do it.
  5. Tuco Benedicto Pacifico

Which is fair, in itself. ER is definitely a game that could have done with less of its repeated content and turn out just better "by omission". Especially since the amount of unique one is staggering, anyway. The only problem with this argument is that it becomes a fucking joke if used in an...
  6. Tuco Benedicto Pacifico

What are you even getting angry at, you bitter mongoloid? Did you forget your daily medications? Is your crippling mental impairment having the best of you? Did your autism finally drag you in the deep end?
  7. Tuco Benedicto Pacifico

It just means that I said what I wanted to say and you “disagreeing” is not going to change a single bit how I feel about it. I don’t even just think the “open world” in DD2 compares poorly to ER (and it DOES). It’s frankly bad even in a vacuum. There are games out there that I don’t even...
  8. Tuco Benedicto Pacifico

Uh, no. We are just spinning our wheels at this point. We simply can't agree on basic statements so there's very little we can productively exchange.
  9. Tuco Benedicto Pacifico

In DD2 on the other hand, that point was TEN HOURS into the game. as everything starts being repetition from there. Well, it started being repetition before, it's just that ten hours is when you finally start to realize it. Also, the world in Eldern Ring DOES remember an actual landscape worth...
  10. Tuco Benedicto Pacifico

Uh, no? It's not? it's not even mildly good, in general. It's just a popular game. Oh, don't worry. I do. But that's precisely the thing: I don't think the From Soft style of combat is just "popular". I find it generally VERY good. Not flawless (because what is, really?) but good, nonetheless...
  11. Tuco Benedicto Pacifico

List me the better alternatives with equally compelling mechanics and without the "game-breaking builds" and I will take your retardation seriously. Well, honestly no. Let's say A BIT more seriously, at most. It's also (somewhat) worth noting that you had to pick a two years old video from 20...
  12. Tuco Benedicto Pacifico

What? It IS. It'ìs more or less the gold standard in action RPGs. It's reasonably simple to grasp with a decent skill ceiling for mastery, offers an appreciable challenge without being frustrating or unfair, scales "softly" without having massive snowballing (i.e. even low level enemies remain...
  13. Tuco Benedicto Pacifico

I'll also take the chance to let you kids on the spectrum know that spamming a "Disagree" reaction isn't a compelling rebuttal, by the way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom