Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Tycn

1. Official Codex Star Citizen Squadron Thread

I've not pledged, but if it's remotely decent and latency and such permit I'd very much like to be part of this.
  2. Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

Nowhere near the same extent. You can only feint out of the windup so you have to commit to your actual attacks for starters. Furthermore you can be punished for feinting if they call your bluff and attack whereas in M&B you can switch to a block instantaneously. The fact that movement is...
  3. Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

I'm not sure where to start with the combat, they're more different than they are similar. As I mentioned earlier the ability to chamber attacks in M&B and the ability to cancel your attack mid-swing means that you never have to commit to an attack, and the only reason you'll ever take a hit is...
  4. Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

I've played a fair bit of both and totally disagree with the statement that M&B and Chivalry are fundamentally the same. They're both pseudo-medieval multiplayer games but that's just about where the similarities end. I strongly prefer Chivalry as well. The controls aren't unresponsive, it's...
  5. NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Continuing the trend of filling half your screen with a gun model. And that's just the sidearms.
  6. games with good melee combat

It has that sort of camp popamole aesthetic with the violence and cheesy voiceovers. It's fairly amusing though... Knockback differs with weapon and is only really noticeable with 2-handers. There's plenty of dismemberment too.
  7. games with good melee combat

It's good though if that's any consolation (I suspect it isn't).
  8. Alan Wake

Being trapped in the story created by a shit writer, as much as it justifies the writing being shit does not make said writing any less shit.
  9. Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

Release date set. 16th October. There are preorders but it's $50 bucks for beta access as well. I have an extra game key with early access if anyone's interested in getting it for cheaper than that.
  10. Borderlands 2 is a MASSIVE potato

I imagine it's Russia and their game pricing we have to thank for that. That and all the sites undercutting each other.
  11. Borderlands 2 is a MASSIVE potato

Possible but highly unlikely. Most key sites send you a photo of the box to show that it's linked to a physical product. I'm sure there's a clause somewhere that enables them to remove games for whatever reason but I can't think of a credible instance of games from key sellers being disabled...
  12. Borderlands 2 is a MASSIVE potato

Haven't used it but people are confirming that it works here.
  13. Games like Patrician 3 / Is X3 Terran Conflict any good?

I never got that impression actually. In fact, TC and AP seemed almost identical in terms of progression and sameyness. Perhaps if you played AP after TC then you'd have foreknowledge of the static nuances of the universe? That or the mods I was using, I hear many of the improvements in AP were...
  14. Borderlands 2 is a MASSIVE potato

http://www.cdkeyport.com/borderlands-2-cd-key.html 20 bucks here. I'm surprised you're still on socket 775 MHC, seeing as you're quite fond of the new shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom