Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by U-8D8

1. U-8D8

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

I've seen that guys stuff before but I'm more annoyed than impressed by him. He did an impressive gladiator mod but abandoned it a few versions back, which wouldn't be a problem if he allowed people to update the damn thing. The way modders autistically hold onto the permissions of their mods is...
  2. U-8D8

Fallout .

Sort of. I haven't enjoyed the actual exploration aspect of gamebryo games since the demise of athletics/acrobatics and some old-school RPG-esque overworld travel map would be great for making travel more than a button click. JIP's Fast Travel Anywhere does roughly what I'm talking about but the...
  3. U-8D8

The Witcher 1 Thread

...by exactly the way I outlined? They help Vizima's government in a pro-human fashion and they generally act as a counter balance to the Squirrel's chaotic agenda? That generally their quests have a law and order bent to them, like rescuing hostages from terrorists? I'm reiterating myself at...
  4. U-8D8

The Witcher 1 Thread

You don't seem to get that most of the Knights of the Flaming Rose activities don't portray them as villains, hell three of their quests involve saving humans from Squirrel hostage situations. Generally they stand for order and the human establishment and against the chaos that the Squirrels are...
  5. U-8D8

The Witcher 1 Thread

“Man Who Has Not Played Video Game Tells World of Video Game’s Insidious Agenda, Damning Screenshots Within!" It's like some twitterite complaining about how Obsidian endorses rape and slavery because they got so far as Cass saying the Legion keeps the roads safe. The only agenda that Witcher 1...
  6. U-8D8

Fallout .

Have you come across any mods that significantly change how fast travel works? I've tried one done by JIP I think but I'm looking for one closer to Fallout 1/2's style.
  7. U-8D8

The Witcher 1 Thread

What the fuck are you doing? Were you playing the game or looking for excuses to be assblasted? That means absolutely nothing because Geralt's journal changes based on your choices and he similarly rationalizes picking the Order on several occasions in game. If you were playing it instead of...
  8. U-8D8

The Witcher 1 Thread

You literally don't know what you're talking about. If anything the only morally good main choices in the Witcher 1 are to either side with the order or go neutral. The Squirrels are portrayed as terrorists willing to throw people to necrophagees for no other reason than shits and giggles. They...
  9. U-8D8

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Restored Content Mod + M4-78 Droid Planet Mod Thread

I forgot about the vanilla T3 segment. I didn't mind that one, I'm a sucker for droid shenanigans. I just feel that the added mobs didn't do much for the game when you're already hurting for your main character. it's worse if you pick Narr Shaddaa as your first planet and can't get Atton to be a...
  10. U-8D8

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Restored Content Mod + M4-78 Droid Planet Mod Thread

All the fights aside from Atton's with the Twi-lek sisters are added be TSLRCM. Personally, I think it's to the game's detriment as Narr Shaddaa already leans a little too heavily into the whole "party members fighting on their own" thing without adding trash mobs to the mix. Plus the pacing of...
  11. U-8D8

ELEX ELEX II - Jax is back

At the very least, some of Rusty's posts are giving people like me something of a glimpse of the game's quality. The shitflinging between people whose sole purpose in the thread is to gloat about the poor reception and those on the other side defending it with such brilliant opening statements...
  12. U-8D8

You can handwave away the shit you pick up in any number of ways. The real thing to worry about is how it affects the gameplay. Is the early game piss easy with so many health items? Does selling your surplus health potions give you too much money early in the game?
  13. U-8D8

14. U-8D8

I assume you've put her on Jedi Support? I find that they spam support powers, too much in fact, if you do that. Fiddling with behaviors might fix Atton running into the thick of things too, as if I remember correctly setting him to stationary can achieve the same thing as solo mode without the...
  15. U-8D8

Decline Designers grabbing you by the hand and leading you isn't very fun

What's sad is that the Witcher 3 squanders a lot of its potential by having that same approach for sidequests. They created a good amount of monsters to hunt with a reasonably detailed bestiary and even gave the creatures relatively unique tracks. All so you can use "Clue Vision" to highlight...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom