Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Ulfhednar

1. Ulfhednar

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with The Lord of Nothing DLC

Tailwinds in rogue-lite mode provide interesting incentives to custom build your party on each dungeon restart. E.g. All dwarves gain +1 constitution score for each dwarf in the party(including themselves). Nature based (primal druid, sylvan sorc/trickster, hunt caller, feral champion...
  2. Ulfhednar

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

Never much cared for pixel hunter the game, but finding hidden objects from stealth mode (PoE) or just automatic perception checks (PoE 2) always felt a little too easy... Dunno what to suggest to make it better... Limited radius inspection with different skill-based filters could be...
  3. Ulfhednar

Just in the sense that you have to know the steps to get there at that level range or you will come in higher. There are a lot of rabbit trails after Caed Nua, and Obsidian also asks players if they want to scale content based on their level at the start of WM. Anyway, it seems that we're at a...
  4. Ulfhednar

My point is that it's not exactly early game content as such, it's just that you are able to access it early if you metagame. It's also memorable for other reasons than just its difficulty.
  5. Ulfhednar

meh... not exactly the highlights of the game... IF you charge in at level 6 or 7... most players probably don't jump right in after leaving Caed Nua, although the opening no rest fight is quite memorable.
  6. Ulfhednar

Raedric and ... what... ? The bear? The lighthouse? Eothas temple is tough early on, but I wouldn't exactly describe any of those encounters as memorable. On the other end you have Concelhaut and Torn Bannermen, Llengrath, dragons, bounties, Abbot Kaoto, The spore, Eyeless crater, Grey Sleeper...
  7. Ulfhednar

You have to beat Maerwald to get past the first floor of Endless Paths (it's blocked otherwise). After which you get the keep, and after doing the repair to the southern wall you get access to all of the remaining map areas and pre-WM companions. So basically, once you get access to EPs, you...
  8. Ulfhednar

Locating things in stealth mode is fairly instantaneous- I’ve never noticed much delay. I think spotting hidden containers is perception dependent. Chapter 2 doesn’t start until after you meet Maerwald, and you can do Raedric’s afterwards, but it’s not much of a challenge once you’re past level 5.
  9. Ulfhednar

Enchanting his robe and giving him some movement speed bonuses (resting with survival, talents, some items) can help with this some.
  10. Ulfhednar

On no mercs, PotD, I have made it to Caed Nua just before the Maerwald fight. It's interesting coming back to this after WotR, as the pre-buffing in Wrath has been taken to 11 and in PoE, you just cruise from one fight to the next. IE games are the happy medium.
  11. Ulfhednar

Worldwound closed... Pillars installed...
  12. Ulfhednar

I'm not a Pallegina fan, but uh... she does have this going for her... https://pillarsofeternity.fandom.com/wiki/Vielo_Vid%C3%B2rio

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom