Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Ulrox

1. Ulrox

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

I don't know much about it, other than, it most certainly isn't running on unity, otherwise you'd get really crappy performance.
  2. Ulrox

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the max is 30, right? Which would be 5 more than adnd second edition, but still less than the third editions.
  3. Ulrox

Call of duty, world of warcraft, diablo 3 playerunknowns battlegrounds fortnite skyrim euro truck simulator counter strike go grand theft auto 5 crysis Totally necessary games for you to install and dedicate your entire life to.
  4. Ulrox

It's an easier to understand, slightly dumbed down version of 3.5. From what I understand, 3.5 was very well liked, but there were far too many bonusses and various things you had to factor into your rolls, and it took ages to resolve combat. 5th edition aimed to solve this problem by making...
  5. Ulrox

I bet you will be exploring the world in third person, and then suddenly, RANDOM ENCOUNTER, out of the blue! Intense battle music! And a monster appears! It's a goblin! It takes forth a 20 die and it rolls it against your AC. You, being the mighty warrior that you are, take forth your own twenty...
  6. Ulrox

I was wondering why I kept feeling like I knew where your avatar was from. Then it hit me, it's from pools of darkness and or other goldbox games. Pretty nice.
  7. Ulrox

Good point, I just find the whole generalizing all DOS players as being a certain kind of person, to be silly and pointless, because you really can't define a person from what kind of game they play. It's similar to saying that because someone likes metal, they are a certain kind of person, or...
  8. Ulrox

I admit to being very worried back when Bethesda aquired the fallout licence, but I have been deeply impressed by them. It's really amazing how much they fucked it all up. Fallout 76 is a great meme, and at this point, it's been soiled so much by Bethesda that I don't even wish for a retro...
  9. Ulrox

:"Pales in comparison", divinity original sin 2 was top 5 or something most played for weeks on end when it released. Which, while not on the level of skyrim, is far better than any turn based rpg has ever done, and people on the codex, rather than be dismissive of this, should be happy, because...
  10. Ulrox

They said it wasn't going to be turn based, but they also said they started out by copying everything from 5th edition, so my bet is on real time with pause. The action game is just codex being triggered by anything that sounds even remotely like an appeal to mass markets.
  11. Ulrox

This was going to happen regardless. It's a thing I've noticed happening all over the internet. Back when the internet first began, it was only advanced users who were able, or cared, to go online. As time passes, and as the internet has gotten easier to access, communities that used to be...
  12. Ulrox

I doubt it. Beamdog's ultimate goal was always to do a Baldur's gate 3. Can't imagine Trent Oster feeling good after having spent years working towards this goal, and then Larian swooping in and getting to do it. It's probably bittersweet.
  13. Ulrox

Is it that terrible though? Many of the bg1 characters weren't very well developed. The only point where I thought this was a problem, was with Xzar.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom