Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Uz0rnaem

1. Game News Removing the level cap would unbalance Fallout 3

If you make a munchkin game, it'll attract munchkin gamers. Just let them have their infinite levels, it's not like an invincible, superhuman player character would break immersion/balance any more than all the powergamer bullshit that's already in the game.
  2. Gameplay isn't everything

:lol:
  3. Gameplay isn't everything

I actually agree with Skyway (about the importance of gameplay, not MotB). Story, atmosphere and narrative presentation all add to the overall experience, just like sound and graphics do, but none of them are anywhere near as important to me as gameplay. I have played games with shit stories and...
  4. Most memorable or best or imaginative weapon in a video game

The bug/mojo gun from Maui Mallard, because of nostalgia, and the pipe rifle from Fallout 2, just because of how absurdly useless it is. They're not very imaginative, but they stuck with me.
  5. The Sims 3

That's what I'd normally do to cap the FPS, but it doesn't seem to work very well with this game. The frames are appropriately low when I'm scrolling around ingame, but still go randomly through the roof and down again when I pause the action, or when I'm on a screen with a fixed camera, like...
  6. The Sims 3

A lot of people have overheating issues with this game, not always caused by, or related to outdated hardware. The game's just poorly optimized and has no built-in FPS cap, even though it desperately needs one. I don't experience crashes, or reboots myself, but I still noticed this in the...
  7. Game News Spruiken de German-ze bitter? Sacred 2 Demo released

Yeah, sorry if my comments make it sound like I'm advocating stagnation. I'm just somewhat bitter about sequels in general and when I hear "multiplatform sequel to a PC exclusive", improvements really are the last thing on my mind. It's not like I think Sacred was perfect and a 1:1 rehash...
  8. Game News Spruiken de German-ze bitter? Sacred 2 Demo released

No, that's Sacred alright ;) I meant a bastardization of the first game, not the RPG genre. I wasn't worried that it would turn out to be yet another hack 'n slash, with meaningless dialogs and WoW-like quests (because that's what the original was like too), but that it would be a linear...
  9. Game News Spruiken de German-ze bitter? Sacred 2 Demo released

Thanks. I'm a bit surprised, actually. Since it's a multiplatform game, I just assumed it would be shit and never paid much attention to its development, but even though you seem displeased, it doesn't sound like it's too much of a bastardization. I'd guess so. The portal system they used in...
  10. Game News Spruiken de German-ze bitter? Sacred 2 Demo released

@SimpleComplexity Can you tell us anything about the game's "map linearity", or is the demo area just too small for that? I'm asking, because Sacred's huge, open world was one of the reasons why I enjoyed it a lot more than most other action RPGs. Also, are the controls identical to the...
  11. Company News Silver Style got the go-ahead to fuck up The Dark Eye

I don't agree with your notion that a high rating equals a good game, but I think that's beside the point to begin with. I wanted to know why you personally consider them to be one of germany's most talented and visionary developers and even those dodgy numbers don't indicate greatness. I...
  12. Company News Silver Style got the go-ahead to fuck up The Dark Eye

And your high opinion of them is based on what excactly? The Fall isn't their only crappy game. Pretty much their entire back catalog consists of nothing but amazingly poor ripoffs and bland licensed titles. There's nothing visionary about them at all. They usually just pick an internationally...
  13. Interview IT IS POSSIBLE TO TOTALLY AVOID COMBAT IN FALLOUT 3

Yeah, it does, but it's something I have to see in order to believe it. Bethesda designing a game, where not a single story-related quest involves mandatory combat is just utterly inconceivable to me. Up until now, I was convinced that even their dreadful non-skippable ingame tutorial would...
  14. Company News A part of Flagship becomes Runic

I wish Baldree would just make another SP action RPG, but with an MP mode this time. He's obviously able to create a decent, polished title, but I doubt he could repeat his FATE success with Yet Another MMORPG™. The market's just oversaturated. ARPGs aren't exactly a rare breed either, but...
  15. Community Win a copy of Mount & Blade with your MS paint skills

I don't know what the game's about, so I'm really just guessing here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom