Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Vault Dweller

1. Vault Dweller

Incline Colony Ship RELEASE THREAD

Compared to what though? If we take AoD as a baseline of what our games sell, then Colony Ship is way ahead. It sold more in 6 months than AoD in the first year (and AoD had a strong media support and more front page exposure).
  2. Vault Dweller

Not at all, and thank you.
  3. Vault Dweller

Including EA. From another post: "I assume that some people look at it this way: AoD sold enough to pay for the next game (Colony Ship), if CS doesn't sell enough to pay for the next game, it must have failed. In reality AoD didn't sell all that well (which is why we didn't make AoD 2) and...
  4. Vault Dweller

I suspect such things are frowned upon.
  5. Vault Dweller

It won't take long for Colony Ship to reach LoG 2 sales. Interplay bet on the consoles and lost, Troika got fucked by the publishers. Had Steam been around back then, Troika would still be around and doing well.
  6. Vault Dweller

It was that or nothing.
  7. Vault Dweller

Definitely not.
  8. Vault Dweller

It's paying off, it's just not generating enough to pay for a full-scale project. Two very different things. I used this example before: Legend of Grimrock 2: 2,600 reviews, 91% reviews, yet not enough to pay for LoG3. Back then, I wondered why. Now I get it. If we stay in business, we'll...
  9. Vault Dweller

No reason.
  10. Vault Dweller

Any project would be a large project at this point. Either we do a sequel in 5 years or a brand new game in 6-7.
  11. Vault Dweller

Same as before. The game is selling better than AoD, but not enough to pay for the sequel.
  12. Vault Dweller

That sounds pretty bad.
  13. Vault Dweller

There's zero chance of us getting even a third of what we need, I can tell you that much without even trying. That's why nobody ever asks for it. Obsidian asked for 1.1 mil not because they thought it might be enough, even though the game ended up costing them 8 mil.
  14. Vault Dweller

I don't think that Patreon would work at all. As for KS, it gives you a bit of money and then you start looking for a publisher. It's not something we're interested in.
  15. Vault Dweller

We aren't doing it to generate more sales but to improve the game and make it more enjoyable for people who like it. Definitely not.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom