Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Ventidius

1. Ventidius

Eh, low effort trolling warrants low effort responses.

Eh, low effort trolling warrants low effort responses.
  2. Ventidius

Anime Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (Switch)

Finally finished it. Some observations with (probably) spoilers: -Should probably start with the worst part to get it out of the way: the story elements are definitely the weakest link, both in the sense of being the least interesting aspect of the experience and in comparison to XBCX and XBC2...
  3. Ventidius

Anime Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (Switch)

Game unlocked for me and finally started a campaign. Gotta say, the visual improvement is quite striking once you are actually playing, even though we all knew it was coming. It's still early, but the general feel of the gameplay also feels smoother. I think this is gonna be a good one.
  4. Ventidius

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Given Capcom's recent track record this is likely going to be a beast of a game, it all really came down to whether they were working on it at all. And they are.
  5. Ventidius

Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia for Switch (Now also out for PC)

Interesting, I wasn't even aware this existed but it looks right up my alley. There is a demo available on the Switch, will likely try it.
  6. Ventidius

Arkane PREY - Arkane's immersive coffee cup transformation sim - now with Mooncrash roguelike mode DLC

But at least back then the staff was willing to iterate on the design methodology of Raph and the previous games. Not sure that's any longer the case.
  7. Ventidius

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

I had my doubts about this game coming off XBCX (the more shonen-esque presentation, the much, much simpler character system), but the more I've played it, the more I like it. Much of the complexity that's gone from character building is now present in the combat system itself, which is much...
  8. Ventidius

Tell me about Platinum Games.

Been playing Astral Chain lately and can definitely recommend it to fans of these sorts of games. As far as combat challenge and refinement it may not be as sophisticated as something like DMC5, but it compensates for that by having some very unique mechanics for a hack and slash, in large part...
  9. Ventidius

From Software The Dark Souls Discussion Thread

I've been doing a new run of this game lately and it's amazing how easy the Catacombs-related areas are now compared to the first time I played. Even the wheel skellies are not so much of an issue. Both patiently and methodically dispatching them one by one and rushing through with pinpoint...
  10. Ventidius

Elden Ring Critique(s)

Getting personal, huh? Well, being as adamant as you are about ER's flaws as an open world while having seemingly limited experience with the open world subgenre yourself does not seem to be terribly authentic. Then again, I often prefer to interpret the intentions of others as charitably as...
  11. Ventidius

Elden Ring Critique(s)

I explicitly said that ER was not like STALKER. I did compare it to MGSV, however, the comparison was mostly relevant to the way you engage with the world in gameplay terms. In other words, combat is the bread and butter of exploration in both games, and this is a perfectly valid approach to...
  12. Ventidius

Elden Ring Critique(s)

This is easily falsifiable by anyone who has even only seen the caves of Limgrave, as even some of the earliest ones have things like multiple rooms and sub-areas, elevators, boss battles, and the like, apart from traps and ambush rooms. Simply stating that it's moot doesn't make it so. And...
  13. Ventidius

Elden Ring Critique(s)

You make it sound as if something awesome happens every two steps, and that is not the case at all. There's always a balance with these things, and you don't want to either saturate the player with stimuli or make him feel he's doing nothing meaningful to progress in the game. Elden Ring avoids...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom