Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by vlzvl

1. vlzvl

The Darkness Below: a retro CRPG in the making - now available on Early Access

Sure, although there's nothing similar to a "roadmap" at the moment, since the game is on "early access". This alone means that development time is shared between fixing based on people's feedback (bugs, features, usability etc.) adding new content *testing targeted builds repeat when the...
  2. vlzvl

Hmm, I tried to reproduce this with a full walkthrough, up to the throne, from my own development build and also the steam one (last version). I am always getting the "graceful", congratulatory ending. Could you please share your game's folder zipped (and the save.dat, just before the throne)...
  3. vlzvl

Thank you for the video footage :) Hmm, that chain of events shouldn't happen.. I mean, the game should end "gracefully" with a congratulation message and transfer the control on title screen. I updated the game in the last version to transfer control, based on the build you're playing i.e. the...
  4. vlzvl

Hey thanks, I appreciate it :) You can only open a door by clicking the lever on the right with the mouse, or clicking a key on its keyhole on the same place Hmm, I've seen this again and was never able to reproduce it... Can you tell me what display mode you're using ? i.e. fullscreen...
  5. vlzvl

The Darkness Below early access (prelude version) is out :incline: Hit that wishlist button hard or buy it now! ETA Q3 2024 :cool: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2814790/The_Darkness_Below
  6. vlzvl

Hey, The Darkness Below finally made it to Steam (early access) and the app is about to come / approved this week. ETA for full release is set to Q3 2024. Not much imagery to show as I am all things Steam and content creation these days, but here are a few: Wishlist the heck out of it...
  7. vlzvl

hey thanks :) I meant, along with itch.io =) I will still continue to update itch.io, I'll just attempt to add the game elsewhere as well.
  8. vlzvl

Finally, I just wrapped up the final v1.2 version on my itch.io (https://vlzvl.itch.io/the-darkness-below), for both Windows / Linux. It's not even a demo anymore as it lasts about ~3 hours, depending on how much of the map(s) and monsters one wants to explore / kill. And there are loads of...
  9. vlzvl

All the assets that I am using are either CC-BY with attribution, BSD/MIT stuff or paid assets, through various sources i.e. gamedevmarket, itch.io, graphicriver, opengameart etc., along with lots of midjourney ones. Most of them I filter them myself to end up consistent with the general graphic...
  10. vlzvl

Yeah, demo is pretty old and I am about to release the final demo which has all these issues solved. Professions are now more balanced and there are tons of shops and ways to obtain items i.e. from chests, along with books that increase statistics (equivalent to liquids from M&M series). More...
  11. vlzvl

Hey thanks, I am really sorry for the postponement of short release but a lot of stuff happened in the last months, job, housing stuff and also some major life ones. I also had to dig deep with the enormous feedback from last demo by all lovely people that played it and this took a lot of time...
  12. vlzvl

Why have dungeon crawlers either thin or thick walls?

There are plenty of "simpler" 3D game engines out there, merely containing an API or, if you like, they dont come with an kick ass editor thing which seems to be the standard these days. The majority of people involved today are messing up these two (2) things, forgetting or simply were not born...
  13. vlzvl

It seems I am still in the middle of process on completing this, so I wont call it a release yet; but I am close to it. The game currently has around 6-7 maps / dungeons and content enough to spend some hours in but I still need to nurse a lot of it, fix some bugs as well and finally playtest...
  14. vlzvl

Hey, no worries at all :) I am after comments and feedback rather ratings. Cheers!

Hey, no worries at all :) I am after comments and feedback rather ratings. Cheers!
  15. vlzvl

Hey thanks :) Unfortunately, it wont be possible to select aspect ratio / resolutions on play the game. The game's engine is built around a "dynamic resolution" shader which renders everything in a scaled pow2 non-filtering texture on whatever resolution the end user has. Otherwise, I would be...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom