Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Voltigeur

1. Voltigeur

Repetitiveness in games. Your guilty pleasure?

Mount & Blade Warband is built on the grind, but it just hits all the right spots with me, I could play that game forever. The bazillion mods help a lot as well.
  2. Voltigeur

Genres That You Don't "Get"

They are directly related to RTS games because the first iteration started as a mod for WC3. They are a downgraded version of RTS games, if you will. RPGs and RTS games have no direct correlation. Try again.
  3. Voltigeur

Genres That You Don't "Get"

Do you have a game genre that you do not enjoy at all, no matter how much you try? For me, it's MMOs. I never saw the appeal and I don't think I ever will. These games are always just the most tedious goddamn slogs with the most uninvolving gameplay. MOBAs are a close contender. "Let's make an...
  4. Voltigeur

Why has the perfect game not been produced?

Because it depends on you, what you consider "perfect", i.e. it is subjective. What a stupid thread.
  5. Voltigeur

What game are you wasting time on?

I've been slowly getting back into RTS games as of late. Currently I'm busy with Cossacks: Back To War, which I always remembered as the "slavic" AoE 2. Some very cool mechanics can be found in this game, like how only special troops like grenadiers, archers or artillery can attack enemy...
  6. Voltigeur

Codexer's Buying Behaviour

(Look, I know this has probably been discussed to death on here, but I don't care) So, how does the average Codexer's buying strategy looks like when it comes to video games? Is pre-ordering games prevailent on here? Are there people who regularly donate to kickstarters (which is a dumb thing...
  7. Voltigeur

RPG limits?

Totally agree with the race thing, and I'd even expand it onto the whole setting. If it's some generic D&D western fantasy sludge, it gets difficult for me to care, it really does.
  8. Voltigeur

I can't seem to finish any RPGs

Even that gets exhausting... One can hardly care to write meaningful things about something that they do not enjoy anymore.
  9. Voltigeur

I can't seem to finish any RPGs

I know how you feel OP, I really do. Imagine struggling not only with Arr Pee Geez but video games in general... Maybe it is our subconscious telling us that we should grow up and stop wasting our time playing games like a child. Maybe it is time to move on...
  10. Voltigeur

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Goddammit I fucking hate swamps. Feels like there's some algorith that makes your bros ALWAYS spawn in the murky water just as a big FUCK YOU.
  11. Voltigeur

Decline Why are RPG fans so uncommonly inept?

A lot of people have no ability to introspect when it comes to video games and will blame the game for their own ineptitude every time without exception.
  12. Voltigeur

A user keeps rating all my posts as Retardred

How do I prevent myself from getting retadred-ratings?
  13. Voltigeur

Decline The future of Crowdfunding

Just don't buy games, simple as. Has never been easier to get them for free. And people who actually spend money on games that are not even made yet are just hopelessly retarded.
  14. Voltigeur

Can't finish any games

Aside from the obvious "game fatigue", this seems to be the thing that is preventing me from finishing games I really love too. It's honestly kind of depressing to think about, but I guess I just can't say goodbye to a truly great game. I just wish it'd go on forever.
  15. Voltigeur

Can't finish any games

Anyone else have this problem? I legitimately can count the games that I've actually finished and played to the end on one hand. Literally every single game, no matter what genre, gets DROPPED 75 % into it. I just get so bored and I feel like I've seen everything by that point... Even the games...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom