Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Wesp5

1. Wesp5

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

I still remember the observation of a future target while discussing things with an ally and watching a cat :).
  2. Wesp5

Cain on Games - Tim Cain's new YouTube channel

Not really. If the game offers an option to turn the questmarker off, like Tim suggested, you still need to have these!
  3. Wesp5

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming Fall 2024

Dark Messiah was a great game, I haven't had such fun kicking enemies since :)! No chance at all, it took me 20 years to fix a game that was almost finished ;)...
  4. Wesp5

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming Fall 2024

As far as I know all clans can use all outfits anyway...
  5. Wesp5

Cain on Games - Tim Cain's new YouTube channel

What are you talking about? The Outer Worlds is absolutely an example for when world setting came first, then the story and mechanics last! Which migh explain the bad itemisation and other things...
  6. Wesp5

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption Reawakened - fan remake in Skyrim engine

Modding Bloodlines is not much harder than modding other Source engine games, only some things are hard-coded, like the number of disciplines, weapons and items. I don't remember enough of Redemption to know if it had much more stuff in that direction than Bloodlines...
  7. Wesp5

Revisiting VtM: Bloodlines

Crashes are common for all Bloodlines HD mods, because the engine can only handle a certain texture folder size. But in case of this specific project, I never liked that he strayed too far from the original textures in the first place!
  8. Wesp5

ModDB went woke? I never noticed that and my mods are always released there first because the interface and finding stuff is much easier. It seems to be targeted more at the older games though...
  9. Wesp5

Already in Santa Monica you got the fantastic Oceanhouse Hotel mission, to show that you that there are other things that go bump in the night ;)!
  10. Wesp5

All of this is playing stealth to me compared to open combat, in fact this is the way I played Dishonored myself. Requiring to be undetected would be ghosting and I don't even do that in The Dark Mod :)!
  11. Wesp5

How do you do a non-lethal approach in Dishonored without using stealth? I can't remember many dialogue options for skipping fights like in Bloodlines.
  12. Wesp5

I agree and I already asked the HSL people why they didn't give it another name when it had so little to do with the original. They never really answered but in their case the writer and composer of the original game were still involved so it made kind of sense to attract their fans. With TCR I...
  13. Wesp5

To be honest they kind of have a point here. While Corvo was completely overpowered physically compared to any other human in the game and on top of it had supernatural powers, Arcane decided that using these to kill people was not the correct way, so they enforced stealth with their Chaos system.
  14. Wesp5

Not just legwork, the Sheriff is punching enemies to death because they have no better weapon? Just remember the Sheriff's sword from Bloodlines. Will Phyre knock some offender out in a court with her bare hands?
  15. Wesp5

That only works if you honor the original IP, as Disney, Sony and WB are still learning with Star Wars, Marvel and DC...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom