Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Wise Emperor

1. Wise Emperor

Vivat Slovakia - Wild 1990s Eastern European Open World Dog Adoption Simulator

I wonder how the devs handled portrayal of minority with roots from Rajasthan.
  2. Wise Emperor

Incline Okay let's be real here... Which games can never be RPGs?

Finally CK3 will be moved to General RPG Discussion.
  3. Wise Emperor

Baldur's Gate So... Which Studio Should Replace Larian As The Developer of Baldur's Gate 4?

It will be some random studio which never touched anything that was remotely named cRPG. It will be assembly line product: 2 years of financing, Unreal 5 engine, stock assets from Fortnite, some twitter/blogger writers supported by ChatGPT with ideas taken from reddit, full of funny memes and...
  4. Wise Emperor

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II - Henry is back - coming 2024

Most stylish Czech thing since white socks in sandals.
  5. Wise Emperor

Incline RPG Codex's Best RPGs - 2024 - VOTE ONLY THREAD

Instead of listing top RPGs which I have most sympathy for and which obviously will top the ranking (FO1&2, PS:T, etc...) I will bump few other ones that I had most fun with in last decade or two. Those I replayed at least once or plan to in foreseeable future. In completely random order...
  6. Wise Emperor

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming Fall 2024

Hard to not see resemblance to Billy Skarsgard in that model.
  7. Wise Emperor

Most beautiful landscape in CRPG

With all the shortcomings of Witcher 3, Toussaint is absolutely stunning
  8. Wise Emperor

Incline Which RPG Should I Play Next #4: Episode 1

Bloodlines, Solasta and Atom Tyranny, even though flawed, is a nice experience in itself And obviously you can't go wrong with this soundtrack: Damn 1996 was great year, mostly sequels but look at that list: Quake, Civ2, Syndicate Wars, DN 3D, Tomb Raider, Destruction Derby 2, C&C Red...
  9. Wise Emperor

Decline Game Subscription Services: The End of Gaming?

The one thing that I'm really afraid with the growing popularity of Game Pass is entrenching the really shitty habits of modern consumers. Those who want to get their hands on games as early as possible will pay ridiculous money for 3 day earlier access, rest who usually waited for discount on...
  10. Wise Emperor

Fallout Fallout 1.5: Resurrection - fanmade Fallout game by Czechs

There's a guy in the caravan pit stop, just straight from main entrance. Nearly the same spot as guy from that lost brother quest of that female vault companion.
  11. Wise Emperor

Jade as a sequel is never dead

Eh, looking back Jade Empire was rather bland action-rpg, marking the transition to retard-oriented games like Bethesda Fallouts, ME series or last two TES games and assorted crap. Still I have nice memories of playing in exotic setting, instead of rehashing medieval Europe over and over again...
  12. Wise Emperor

Game News Tyranny Dev Diary #3: Being a Fatebinder

This feels like "Russia: The Game", with Putin smirking on the cover. It definitely sounds better than last Obsidian project.
  13. Wise Emperor

Game News Deus Ex: Mankind Divided 101 Trailer

Deus Ex albeit great, was just a glorified mish mash of cool topics popular in 90's, especially inspired by X-files. Therefore praising story in Deus Ex is a bit of a stretch, in other words nostalgia. But... I'm hungry for a bit cyberpunk, so I will take whatever guys from Eidos/Square will...
  14. Wise Emperor

People News SHOCKER: Chris Avellone leaves Obsidian Entertainment

With the new update on bards tale about stretch goal focused on companions and their expanded stories I'm quite sure about future MCA employment at in-exile.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom