Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by wyes gull

1. wyes gull

What happened to good 3rd person action combat games?

Bizarre question, then. A 3D game in 3rd person with shooting that isn't a TPS and doesn't have lock on or a reticle? Early Resident Evils maybe? Virtua Cop if you glue a cutout of the MC to the bottom of the screen? When someone asks for action, I'd be remiss to suggest something that has you...
  2. wyes gull

Like, for instance, a platformer? Or a twin stick shooter? Plenty of those out there.
  3. wyes gull

3 pages in and no mention of PS2 Shinobi? Philistines, the lot of you. Also, Way of the Samurai had a decent combat engine, even if it wasn't exactly the point of the games. Well, at least 1 and 2 did. No idea about 3 and 4; both of those come off as being written by someone high on every...
  4. wyes gull

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

The similarities between this and CP77 now have me convinced that CDPR and TW are actually the exact same studio. It's just that the devs get spray tans and wear fake mustaches when they take pictures pretending to be Turks. I mean, think about it. Game takes 8 years of development and comes out...
  5. wyes gull

What are worst areas or quests in games you like

You lot are being unfair towards the PKs in Silent Storm. Underground levels were shittier by default, PKs or no PKs, just because they limited your options in how to deal with the sitch. Meanwhile, hunting PKs with no beam weapons or PKs of your own on exterior levels are some of the best...
  6. wyes gull

Oh, easy. Contender for best videogame OST, flat out.

Oh, easy. Contender for best videogame OST, flat out.
  7. wyes gull

What is your ONE favorite video game of all time?

Streets of Rage 2. That intro still gets me.
  8. wyes gull

Streets of Rage 4

A lot of special enemies, especially bosses have had momentary invincibility since the inception of the genre. The game showing you when that happens with the white flash is more of a favour to the player rather than the arsepull it seems to be. Admittedly it's annoying when you walk up to...
  9. wyes gull

What game are you wasting time on?

Streets of Rage 4. Now, I'm not a fan of sequels (even though almost all my favorite games are sequels, SoR2 among them), let alone sequels in name only that involve nearly none of the original people, that just exist because brand recognition. Neither am I a fan of DLC. Surprising, then, that...
  10. wyes gull

Pillars of Eternity is the worst RPG i've ever played

Notice how much happier he looks. Some men breed dogs or horses, others breed sows. Nothing wrong with that. I mean, other than the smell.
  11. wyes gull

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

That's more like it. Maybe CDPR should hire the man. Probably would help if they "fixed" the game first tho.
  12. wyes gull

The Outer Worlds 2

Of all things, this is getting a sequel? Damn. I mean, I suppose I should be grateful they're not ruining something else. Can't wait for another 20 hours of the same insufferable, androgynous, snarky cunt and incompetent, castrated man copy-pasted all over a bunch of tiny planets, sometimes...
  13. wyes gull

Alpha Protocol

I'd forgotten some of this game's... eccentricities. There, there, Obsidian. You'll get 'em next time.
  14. wyes gull

Alpha Protocol

Eh, it's not like I didn't want to replay it. Again. Fuck. At least it's not Bloodlines this time.
  15. wyes gull

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

Problem is, with the clusterfuck that was the game release, if EA had told people they needed to pay 15$ to get the REAL ENDING DLC, everyone would've lost their fucking minds. And for good reason too. Today, that sort of skeezy shit would probably fly. As did I. The one where you shoot the kid...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom