Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by xantrius

1. xantrius

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

The target audience of Disco Elysium ain't high level intellectuals, though I'd say most would appreciate it for what it is an see it as noble. Unless they have a superiority complex, are semi-blinded by hate or whatnot. And who would have thought that low level journalists would say low level...
  2. xantrius

Codex Preview RPG Codex Preview: Disco Elysium

Lovely preview for this tentative 2030 RPG. Let's hope it doesn't grow stale and old, before its release, like Zizek have.
  3. xantrius

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Joyce sounds like a potentially interesting character we might get to experience in 2020.
  4. xantrius

KickStarter Winter Voices 2 - Child of the Pyre

Think most Kickstarters have reached out to gaming news sites before they start though. This one haven't yet so I might pick up. They have no one with real marketing skills it seems.
  5. xantrius

Art work from the Kickstarter.
  6. xantrius

They are going to use Unity.
  7. xantrius

I loved Winter Voices. Looks interesting.
  8. xantrius

Game News The New World Update #26: The Monks

Wonderful progress on the game. (As our human technology advances exponentially I'd agree with thinkers like Jung (as seen in " The Undiscovered Self" IIRC), that what humanity needs are more insight into the realms of ethics, morality and the humanities or the natural science and the social...
  9. xantrius

The developers and No Truce with the Furies have high culture aspirations I sincerely doubt anybody asking about "novel quality" is referring to novels from the decadent, insipid and sordid entertainment industry. Not that there isn't lovely aspects to that thing but it doesn't make it less silly.
  10. xantrius

"Kasparov said: ↑ Anyway here's a tip: remember TToN - the waiting was the best bit Iznaliu said: I don't think that is an example you will be lauded for following." Or he was jesting in response to my jesting.
  11. xantrius

But can we get a tentative release date? This year? Next year? Isn't it borderline rude not to give your fans that, what if the only reason we get up in the morning is that maybe, just maybe, someday No Truce With the Furies will be released. Wasn't there a tentative release window before? You...
  12. xantrius

:time warp: Classical RPG combat is an abomination, plebian--yes a silly, disgraceful and rightfully obsolete word but we are forced to bring it back!--A crime against humanity, and an insult to the creative spirit of Planescape: Torment - good riddance No Truce with the Furies does away with...
  13. xantrius

Editorial RPG Codex Editorial: Darth Roxor on the State of RPG Writing

(Lovely editorial. Hope to see more of this kind of content in the future) While the mass university is problematic in regards to the dumping down of the academic level in some regards, I think is a necessary evil for the betterment of humanity in the long run, regardless, hopefully we'll be...
  14. xantrius

Game News Colony Ship RPG Update #10: Companions Overview

Concerning the party interaction. So the player-character is a somewhat cynical person, in his/hers semi-blankslateness like in the Age of Decadence I take it? So therefore the only logical thing to do in relation to the party members are to manipulate and not mold them? Some people would...
  15. xantrius

Preview Torment Kickstarter Update #52: New Mark Morgan Track, Circus Minor Screenshot

A bit irrational to call it lazy. As has already been pointed out, Planescape: Torment was given the groundwork of its unique art direction for free from the D&D Planescape source material. All PS:T did was copy paste that framework, and then they obviously had more time to refine, elevate and...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom