Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Xor

1. Xor

Diablo 3 - Reaper of Idiots

Diablo 3 completely sucked on release; it was a grinding simulator designed to force you to use the AH to get any real progression through its difficulty system. The expansion made it actually a decent ARPG. So I don't know if I would give it Perkel's rating but he's right in that it's in a...
  2. Xor

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Finally, I can make the character I've always wanted to play.
  3. Xor

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Reactivity is expensive, and they're obviously being more ambitious about C&C and dialog for whatever specific race/class combination you end up making. Things will be spread across multiple story branches rather than accessible to everyone all the time. Kingmaker was long enough that it could...
  4. Xor

I liked TToN, but the third act of the game was way too short and the climax was dismal. Compared with how much Kingmaker made on its kickstarter, and it's almost pathetic how small in scope TToN ended up being.
  5. Xor

In my searches for various bits of information I've already seen people bitch about alignment in probably a dozen threads between reddit posts and the steam forums. Nobody knows what the fuck they're talking about. "WHY ARE THE HELLKNIGHTS BREAKING THE LAW IN MY KINGDOM IF THEY'RE LAWFUL? BAD...
  6. Xor

All the Paizo APs start at level 1 as far as I know, including WotR.
  7. Xor

Oh, I thought he'd kill her if I went through the evil ending for his quest or something. Fuck that. Edit: The Runelords trilogy (Rise of the Runelords, Shattered Star, and Return of the Runelords) would be fantastic, although that'd be committing to 3 games. I didn't really care for the...
  8. Xor

The romances in kingmaker weren't super lengthy or involved. More options means more chances for something like tiefling waifus, and I doubt it'll be an expensive goal. Incidentally I'm on my second Kingmaker playthrough and after paying closer attention to their dialog I'm trying to get...
  9. Xor

When you were talking about this I mentioned the cost of translating Kingmaker's text would have worked out to over $150,000. Look how much that stretch goal costs. Personally I never thought it was impossible, I just didn't think it'd be worth it. But they're paying for it in advance here.
  10. Xor

You're barely even arguing about the systems in the context of the game. You're just bitching at each other about which system is inherently better. It's all completely meaningless anyway because that's exactly the point: the game is going to have both systems, so why the fuck are you arguing...
  11. Xor

Can you retards take this irrelevant fucking discussion about rtwp vs turn based to another thread?
  12. Xor

The Arcanum comparison is dumb, Arcanum's combat is a completely original system with imbalances built in. It's a house built out of trash. Troika's publisher forced them to add the real time or turn-based (I can't remember which it was originally) system at the last minute too. Troika was a...
  13. Xor

Do their artists really work on just one monitor? I've done a little modeling/texturing just to learn how and even the thought of trying to do that professionally is insane. Spend some of that kickstarter money and buy your team more monitors! Fuck's sake, most gamedev setups I've seen use three.
  14. Xor

I just grabbed the English dialog from Kingmaker from the game's data files and isolated just the text. It's about 1,500,000 words. Apparently the industry standard for professional translators is about 12 cents a word, which would come to $180,000, and that's not even getting into editing and...
  15. Xor

I straight up don't care about any of them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom