Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by YldriE

1. YldriE

Vapourware Google Stadia - "a game streaming service for everyone"

Not without a 120dB 300-words-per-minute backward-baseball-cap-under-headset third party.
  2. YldriE

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

We're not talking about different levels of experience, we're talking about solid familiarity vs near zero. It's so alien to you that you immediately moved to another match-up, that's exactly the blind spot I'm talking about, the same that gets people to offer terrible suggestions to beginners.
  3. YldriE

Again, videogames aren't voodoo magic. Adults can learn to drive, certainly they can learn videogames if they actually want to. That said, there is a massive difference between "I can claw through this" and "I can play this smoothly". In the same way you will miss half a book if you only have...
  4. YldriE

The PS5 and Xbox 2 thread - it's happening

It's true that performance hasn't improved as fast as it did when we were kids and prices has been steadily falling; what we call a "mid-range" PC today can run pretty much anything with great graphics. Even my 700€ 1050Ti laptop can run recent heavyweights at 60FPS while still looking great...
  5. YldriE

Link has been awakened!

Can you people stop answering shill bots? For fuck's sake, half that guy's posts have a link to that eneba store.
  6. YldriE

Multi generational rpg

My first thought. Outward also has a permadeath mode that allows you to transfer some progress to your next character, but it's not a central mechanic.
  7. YldriE

Are Thief 3's Shalebridge Cradle and VTMB's Ocean House levels overrated?

On the contrary, though it didn't work for him in particular, I still think that's precisely why it works. When you play a horror game, you have a good idea of what to expect and how your character should handle it, and mentally you are in spooky-house-simulator mode. You are waiting for...
  8. YldriE

Everyone thinks that way and tries to force their girlfriend to play it so I can't blame you, there must be something about this game that gives this impression. Someone who has yet to interiorize any videogame convention isn't magically going to efficiently move and look around at the same...
  9. YldriE

Almost everyone who tries to get non-gamers into gaming makes the exact same mistakes with the exact same games. Portal isn't a beginner's game, nor are most 2D platformers. ------ Others have already commented on specific things the girl did or failed to do so I won't get back to it, but come...
  10. YldriE

Screenshot thread

There are five Call of Duty games on DS, released in this order: Modern Warfare -> World at War -> Modern Warfare 2 Mobilized -> Black Ops -> Modern Warfare 3 Defiance. None is a port, they are all spin-offs with exclusive missions, characters and plot... not that I remember any of it. The...
  11. YldriE

Baldur's Gate Is Viconia evil? and other Drow discussions

Justine Trudeau.
  12. YldriE

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

At this point, Original Sin 3 rebranded as Baldur's Gate 3 would be fine. I was very interested in the first two, the gameplay looked interesting, but the constant artillery barrage of unfunny turned me off completely. A self-indulging cliché-fest D&D would actually get me to give a shit.
  13. YldriE

The Evil Within 2

The first one is different enough from the second that you should rethink that. Same continuity of course, same core gameplay, but the second is semi-open with exploration and resource-gathering, while the first is strictly plot-oriented. Unusual for a "linear vs exploration", the first one is...
  14. YldriE

Outward - open world RPG where you are an ordinary adventurer and survival is harsh

In the hardest difficulty there is actually a risk of permanent death, but otherwise the game is riding on the idea that defeat is part of the experience. Sometimes someone saves you and helps you on your feet, sometimes you just wake up somewhere unknown, sometimes you get enslaved or...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom