Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Zewp

1. Zewp

No Man's Sky

I rest my case.
  2. Zewp

No Man's Sky

The crafting and base building shit is what ultimately ruins the game for me and unless you're playing creative mode, which removes any sense of working to earn anything, you're going to have to engage with the crafting system often. They should have focused less on crafting and more on making...
  3. Zewp

Ghost of Tsushima - open world game set in feudal Japan

It's mediocre trash. It has a boring protagonist, a boring story, really bad mission design and repetitive gameplay. It does nothing to elevate itself above the sea of similar AAA open world laundry list games. I guess it could be fun if you've played a limited amount of AAA open world games...
  4. Zewp

The big 4X thread (also unofficial patches + mods, also questions about these)

Yeah, sounds like Lords of Magic. I played the hell out of it as a kid. 4X overworld, real time battles.
  5. Zewp

Helldivers 2

I'm really enjoying the difficulty of the automaton missions. I hope they don't nerf them.
  6. Zewp

Helldivers 2

The devs are surprisingly incompetent for a studio that isn't releasing its first MP game. The "but their previous games were tiny" excuse only goes so far. Most of their previous games were top-down games, which doesn't appeal to the average gamer with an 80 IQ. Anyone who understands the...
  7. Zewp

Tomb Raider I-III Remastered from Aspyr - for real this time

No, I mean literally in this remastered collection. The sound quality in the first game was okay. Then I finished that one and started the second game and everything sounds very tinny and low quality. I checked but there doesn't seem to be any settings that could be causing it. I'll take some...
  8. Zewp

Tomb Raider I-III Remastered from Aspyr - for real this time

The sound quality in TR2 takes a massive nosedive. Weird when the original game was quite alright.
  9. Zewp

Helldivers 2

They're funded by Sony, had a whole week to prepare bnecause anyone knows that these kinds of games get their peak player count on the second weekend, and it's still a shitshow. Waited in queue for about 10 minutes then quit to go play something else. GG
  10. Zewp

4X Distant Worlds 2 - RTwP 4x space strategy sequel

Have some of the more glaring problems been fixed in updates yet?
  11. Zewp

The Guild Wars 2 Thread

They should have done a level squish years ago. Leveling that progressively unlocks all your skill slots and the various game systems is a good way to onboard players new to MMOs, but you don't realistically need more than 10-20 levels for that. But they probably don't have the manpower for...
  12. Zewp

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

This game has just caused hilarity on all sides of the political spectrum. I think the funniest thing about it is how people who are generally anti-woke ended up buying and defending a game that has some of the worst pandering and virtue signalling we've seen in a game in years, maybe even ever.
  13. Zewp

Dangerous Rays : S.T.A.L.K.E.R like

Seems to be officially dead now. Website is broken. https://dangerousrays.com/
  14. Zewp

Steam Deck ~ PC Switch

It's great for third person RPGs. I've played Gothic, Gothic 2, Gothic 3 (no controller support, but it plays quite well with a community layout. If only the game wasn't so shit, but I enjoyed the exploration), Risen and a few others on it. Might be worth waiting a bit on Gothic 1 and 2, because...
  15. Zewp

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Yeah, of course they found some way to make money off the shitshow, lmao. They could have done this without charging for it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom