Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What is the worst game you bought this year?

doctor_kaz

Scholar
Does renting count as "buying" in this thread. Because if so, House of the Dead: Overkill for the Wii is my answer. That game sucks tremendously.

ecliptic

Liturgist
Probably my $5 copy of NecroVision. Only game I've ever played that causes my PC to blue screen.

Pegultagol

Erudite
NBA 2K10 - if you'd thought that CRPG fans have it bad, the PC sports game genre has been so dilapidated and abandoned, its adherents have either committed mass seppuku and gone the way of consoletard lands or migrated to the fringes of reverse engineering and for profit patch foibles, all the while growing more orifices than one can count that publishers are welcome to fuck.

Dnny

Educated
ASSassin Creed. Not a new game but I bought and played it for the first time recently and god am I glad I didn't buy it at its full original price. What a ripoff and shit it is. I thought it was gonna be a game like Hitman but it's nothing like it, the mechanics are ridiculous and you spend so much time just travelling it's like the authors tried and loved this part of Morrowind.
Uninstalled it after two hours of playing. Will never buy a game made by Ubishit again because so far I've only seen shit from them and I don't know what got to me when I bought AC.
The game plays itself and is just a succession of cutscenes after cutscenes. Worst thing is that you can't skip the "real world" retarded shit that happens between the missions.

Fuck unless you just kill the game process it takes thirty seconds to exit it as they can't even fucking put a "quit" command to their assretarded menu.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Jasede said:
stop using my avatar you nigger; i've been here half a fucking decade

I changed it, then I just saw your retarded post and I changed it back. :smug:

deuxhero

Arcane
Uh, likely something I got with my ps2... Arcana Heart (decent fighter, gets old, not as bad as SSBB though)

Elzair

Cipher
BOUGHT?!

BOUGHT?!

LAWL!!

Seriously, it is a tie between Drakensang and Dragon Age.

Multi-headed Cow

Wait, I bought Saints Row 2 for PC. That was the worst. It might actually be a good game, but the PC port is so awful that I sure as hell don't see it. At least I only spent $5 on it.

Pablosdog

Prophet
Probably Too human. It was 10 dollers, and I needed a grind heavy loot game on mah 360. It was fucking terrible, and I knew what I was getting into. There is no excuse for your game to suck that much if you had 10 years to develop it.

Dark Horizon. I hoped it was something like TIE Fighter or Freespace. Should have read some reviews first, it's slow, boring, filled with made-up words and generally amateurish. Don't try it.

I also got Virtua Fighter remix with a Saturn I bought, it's horrible, but we got pretty good laughs off it so it was worth it.

fastpunk

Arbiter
For me it's Prince of Persia: Sands of Time from Gog.com. I reckon the game would be decent with a controller, but it's fucking annoying on a keyboard, specially since the camera has its own fucking mind.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
*bump*

The only games I bought in 2009 were:

# The budget re-release of HOMM3 + HOMM4. I wanted a backup copy of HOMM3, but getting the 2-in-1 pack was cheaper than getting HOMM3 alone.

# The Gold Edition of HOMM5. I thought it might be worth a look.

# A copy of The Bard's Tale. Yes, the 2004 game.

# Ghostbusters. It was the only game that was within my field of interest, and was actually released in 2009 on the PC. Much to my surprise though, it is the first game in many years that I can't run because my system is too old - apparantely, I don't have a dual-layer DVD drive, and my graphics card "only" has 256 MB of RAM, while the game asks for 512 MB. Makes me wonder if it's worth my time to upgrade just to play this.

Oh, and I was given a copy of Bioshock via Steam by a friend. A gesture I am very thankful for, but the game is a cheap ripoff of System Shock 2.

I'll leave it in your hands to decide which of these games is the worst.

Silellak

Cipher
Dunno, probably Torchlight. It's okay for what it is (lolz), but I'm glad I bought it when it was $5 on Steam. $20 is way too much for it.

Multi-headed Cow said:
Wait, I bought Saints Row 2 for PC. That was the worst. It might actually be a good game, but the PC port is so awful that I sure as hell don't see it. At least I only spent $5 on it.

I heard the PC port sucks for some reason I don't remember now, but on the 360 it's awesomely fun.

The story also seemed interesting with you playing a thousand year old immortal in a world where there is something akin to a magical industrial revolution going on. Unfortunately the game quickly soured on me. It wasn't even the dull combat or the extreme linearity that killed it. No, it was the fact that the character you play is a whiny, moody and utterly unlikeable dull twat with no redeeming characteristics whatsoever. If this is what passes for cool in Japan it gives more credit to the idea that two bombs wasn't enough.

Apparently he became like that because of his shitty immortal life. Does it count?

Mattresses

Scholar
Knights of the Chalice was the only game I bought last year and it was amazing.

Hory

Erudite
I felt cheated after paying for the bandwidth to download AoD only to have it crash each time during the loading screen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom