Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STEAM HOLIDAY SALE -80%, GOG and D2D get in there too

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
racofer said:
Notice how right next to the water bottle, above the chick's foot, you can see a tiny protuberance on Gabe's pants.
That would be his dick.

Unless he puts socks in there.

Annonchinil

Scholar
I am definitely going to guy the naval warfare pack and one adventure game I have not decided on. Either machimarium or Sherlock Holmes Chtulu game.

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
racofer said:
Notice how right next to the water bottle, above the chick's foot, you can see a tiny protuberance on Gabe's pants.
The thing with fat people is.... no protuberance should be classified lightly, especially if they're fat and rich. BY GOD MAN IT COULD BE ANYTHING. Including top sekrit plans for the next Half Life Episode, or plans to extort more money from steam.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I bought Jade Empire for $4 for the lulz. 6 hours later that shit is still dling.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
So far from Steam I've picked up:

Company of Heroes Gold for $14.95 (and today added Tales of Valor for 7.49)
Frontlines: Fuel of War for $7.49 (surprisingly good fun for a Battlefield clone)
Lineage II for $7.99 (err...for a friend)
Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box for $9.95
Trine for $7.99
King Aurthur: TRPWG for $19.99

Also from GoG I got:

Earth 2140 Trilogy + 2150 Trilogy + 2160 (about $12 total)
M&M 6 pack (about $5)
Warlords Battlecry III ($3 somthing)

Some of these games are probably shit, but at the price it's worth a punt lol. Wonder what'll be going cheap tomorrow? Glad I reserved a few bucks for the end of year specials :smug:

dragonfk

Erudite
Is it worth to spend 2,5 euros on vanilla Medieval Total War 2?

Quilty

Magister
Elwro said:
Yes, but remember to patch it to 1.3.

And pick up Stainless Steel, a mod that transformed M2TW from a vanilla mess into one of my favourite games.

Dnny

Educated
Ass Effect at 3,75 euros, if any of you are bored and never played it for the price it's well worth it. Not a great [R]PG but a funny game if you play renegade shep.

dragonfk

Erudite
So it's worth it even though I'm not going to buy the expansion anytime soon?

Dnny

Educated
dragonfk said:
So it's worth it even though I'm not going to buy the expansion anytime soon?

You get 15+ hours of fun for less than the cost of a movie ticket. Do you even have to ask ?

dragonfk

Erudite
Sure I do. Things I've heard about abmysal AI in the game makes me wonder. On the other hand the game is supposedly good with mods, but since I'm not going to buy the expansion then I'm limited to those which do not require it. That's why I asked. But I'll take it and maybe I'll even buy Ass Effect, I should encourage Bioware to make quality cRPGs, shouldn't I?

Multi-headed Cow

Methinks Dragon was talking about Medieval 2. Word of warning, might wanna make sure all the mods you're interested in work with the base game and don't require the expansion. I think Stainless Steel requires Kingdoms.

Dnny

Educated
Elwro said:
Goddamnit, at this rate my Ass Effect copy will be downloading for a week.

I usually leave steam on for the night when I buy games there. It's also kinda understandable that there may be slowness what with those steam holidays selling games at prices that are unheard of, I bet the sales beat all expectations. I didn't miss a single day looking if there wasn't something that attracts my interest and two games clicked it for me so far, Mirror's Edge and Dark Messiah.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom