Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Force Unleased II announced.

Andhaira

Arcane
http://www.lucasarts.com/company/releas ... 91212.html

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. — Dec 12, 2009 — The Star Wars® Saga continues in 2010 with Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II, a sequel to the blockbuster videogame developed by LucasArts.

Released in 2008, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed remains the fastest-selling Star Wars game ever, with sales of nearly seven million units worldwide. The action game garnered numerous accolades including the WGA Award for outstanding achievement in writing for videogames.

With Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II, the epic story continues as players once again assume the role of the devastatingly powerful Starkiller - Darth Vader's secret apprentice set during the largely unexplored era between Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope.

"Executive Producer Haden Blackman and his team have been able to build on the core foundation of the award-winning original and create a powerful combination of engrossing story-telling and intense action. The Force Unleashed II gives fans an opportunity to wreak havoc on an even greater scale in the Star Wars universe," said LucasArts' President Darrell Rodriguez.

More information about the game can be found at the official website, www.unleashed2010.com, which will continue to release details throughout the year.

Prtty meh for me. The first game was an arcade hack and slash, with boring lightsaber combat. It did not come close to matching the Jedi Knight series. It appears this will just be more of the same.

DriacKin

Arbiter
AndhairaX said:
Prtty meh for me. The first game was an arcade hack and slash, with boring lightsaber combat. It did not come close to matching the Jedi Knight series. It appears this will just be more of the same.

This is the most intelligent thing I've ever heard Andhaira say.

DriacKin said:
AndhairaX said:

Andhaira

Arcane
Makes me glad they didn't go for their original idea of making a Darth Maul game. Darth Maul is my favorite SW character and I would have hated to play him in a crappy game.

Dnny

Educated
Star wars is probably the most retarded license. I don't think I've ever played a star wars game that didn't sound totally retarded. Even Jedi Knight. God last time I tried to play Jedi Academy I was so put off by all the cheese, crappy levels and multitude of totally retarded cutscenes I couldn't play it for more than two hours.

If this game is worse than Jedi Knight that says a lot about the magnitude of stink it will bear.

Raapys

Arcane
I only played this for the PC, and it was rather obvious that wasn't what it was designed for.

Other than that though, it could have rivalled the Jedi Knight series with a few modifications. Say, dismemberment, instant light-saber kills, less stupid saber/timestop effects when hitting things, less holding-a-button-to-black-incoming-shots, less 'collect cubes to get level up', better maps, and less awkward mouse/kb controls.

As it is, Dark Forces 2 remains my favorite Star Wars game.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Watched the cutscenes on youtube. That's all the "gameplay" Force Unleashed ever had.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The gameplay was pretty much exactly the same as the Lord of the Rings games for the PS2. Horrible, repetetive shit.

I played a borrowed version. Something like 16 fucking gigs installed? Jesus fucking christ, it better be good. After taking forever to begin, I load up the first level, and I'm Darth Vader. Cool. Not. I then uninstalled the game as soon as I discovered it wanted me to go through a mile of useless shitty enemies that couldn't hurt me, and I had to do it WALKING, because DARTH VADER DOESN'T RUN. A design decision failure of that magnitude told me everything I needed to know about the game.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Yes, and how did you like the lack of mouse support in the menu?

Lesifoere said:
Yes, and how did you like the lack of mouse support in the menu?

I didn't even notice it. Hard core players know that the mouse is a sign of weakness. :lol:

That's more of a sign of them just rushing a port though. I was talking about the overall gameplay failures that would cross all platforms.

Szioul

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria Pathfinder: Wrath
Overweight Manatee said:
I played a borrowed version. Something like 16 fucking gigs installed? Jesus fucking christ, it better be good. After taking forever to begin, I load up the first level, and I'm Darth Vader. Cool. Not. I then uninstalled the game as soon as I discovered it wanted me to go through a mile of useless shitty enemies that couldn't hurt me, and I had to do it WALKING, because DARTH VADER DOESN'T RUN. A design decision failure of that magnitude told me everything I needed to know about the game.
That's better than my try. Kept corrupting the save file and crashed at the start of the 1st level. From what I hear there still isn't a fix for that.

Nex

Cipher
Raapys said:
As it is, Dark Forces 2 remains my favorite Star Wars game.

Yeah. I remember finding that game for cheap over 10 years ago, best $5 I spent. It was one of the first games we played lanned alot.

As for this new game, I hope I'm pleasantly surprised but I doubt I will be.

Nex said:
As for this new game, I hope I'm pleasantly surprised but I doubt I will be.

Some absolutely horrible games have managed to fix things up so that the second in the series was, if not great, at least far more bearable (see: Assassin's Creed 2). Lucasarts doesn't strike me as a developer that is going to learn from its mistakes though.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Stereotypical Villain said:
DriacKin said:
AndhairaX said:

Pablosdog

Prophet
*Spoilers*

I thought what's his face died at the end of force unleashed, what, the symbol of the rebel alliance is now magically alive?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom