Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

40$ Dragon Age DLC is coming

Dnny

Educated
At last, the true motive behind the dlc mechanism revealed. I thought there was little factual information on the darkspawn beside the chantry dumbfuckery because the writers sucked, instead, they did actually have material on them but kept it for the dlc to suck some more money off dipshits. DA didn't have an interesting villain because... They kept it for dlc. Praise the lord.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Since it sounds like the PC version will be $30, that's in-line with other PC expansions (especially by EA), so it's not as big a deal to me.

30 bucks sounds normal for an expansion. What the hell is up with assholes immediately crying wolf that it's going to cost 40 bucks?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Last time I bought an expansion it was about half the price of the full game. Say, full game was about 50 euros, expansion was 25-30 euros. It's ridiculously overpriced. Not that I care, I'm pretty much burned out on DA by all the filler combat and if I get it it'll be by torrent anyways.

Inziladun

Magister
Trash said:
Since it sounds like the PC version will be $30, that's in-line with other PC expansions (especially by EA), so it's not as big a deal to me.

30 bucks sounds normal for an expansion. What the hell is up with assholes immediately crying wolf that it's going to cost 40 bucks?

Because it does cost 40$?

Xbox 360 - 40$
Ps3 - 40$
PC - 30$

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Well whoever plays a fucking RPG on console deserves to pay an additional 10.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Trash said:

My thoughts exactly.

All these idiots crying wolf is hurting the legitimate criticism against the game. Irony, it's called.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
So they're gonna pay me $30 to trudge through 13 hours and 40 minutes of boring uninspired awful combat and watch 20 minutes of cutscenes and conversations. That's way below minimum wage.

Oh they expect people to pay for this shit? That is a ripoff.

Dnny

Educated
Serious_Business said:
Also don't fucking play them :x

I planned on doing that. Playing DA was enough bioware for centuries before I'd even think of giving them a second chance.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
who wants to bet they'll cram at least two more pay to play quests into it?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
They learned from the best - afterall, FO, was what? 10 hours long. 20 hours if you took your time. And, that was a 'full' game. R00fles!

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The last time I bought an expansion, it cost about 30 euros. It came in a box. With a manual.

Today, you pay more for a DLC. Hmmm?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Jaesun said:
That looks actually half way decent....

lolspawn.jpg

Silellak

Cipher
Jaesun said:
Rohit_N said:

That looks actually half way decent.... one guess. the Talking Darkspawn is Duncan? r00fles! Or not..

Hmm...spoilery thoughts:

I wonder how much of a character's ending, if you import a existing one, will be considered for the expansion. This trailer features Alistair pretty heavily (apparently as King), and by the end of my game, the whiny little cunt had run off like the little bitch he is, and Anora was Queen of Ferelden. Obviously the option to import or create a brand new PC allows you to go with the "PC sacrifice" ending, but beyond that, it will be interesting to see just how much variation the expansion supports. One thing that's certain is that the "wandering PC" or the "following Sten" endings won't be supported, since the expansion forces the PC into the role of a "Grey Warden Commander". Well, I suppose you could argue it does support those endings just as well as the "PC sacrifice" ending, but you know what I mean.

Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Volourn said:
They learned from the best - afterall, FO, was what? 10 hours long. 20 hours if you took your time. And, that was a 'full' game. R00fles!

I think I spent something like 30 hours on that one, not including replays.
30 $ for 15 hours is not unreasonable in today's game market though.

Silellak

Cipher
Insane Psychic said:
Volourn said:

I think I spent something like 30 hours on that one, not including replays.
30 $ for 15 hours is not unreasonable in today's game market though.
It's about right for a PC expansion. The real question is whether or not $30 is really an acceptable price for an expansion in general, not the DA expansion in particular.

Of course most people on the Codex don't bother to buy games anyway, so any discussion about game prices is rather pointless.

Jaesun said:
Rohit_N said:

That looks actually half way decent.... one guess. the Talking Darkspawn is Duncan? r00fles! Or not..
Nope, I think he's this fellow. Potential spoilers, if anyone gives a shit.

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/The_Architect

Junior Boy

Educated
Dnny said:
At last, the true motive behind the dlc mechanism revealed. I thought there was little factual information on the darkspawn beside the chantry dumbfuckery because the writers sucked, instead, they did actually have material on them but kept it for the dlc to suck some more money off dipshits. DA didn't have an interesting villain because... They kept it for dlc. Praise the lord.

Waaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh :'(. Just bitching for the sake of bitching, jesus christ.

This is really unexpected. The funny part is that the Return to Ostagar DLC got delayed the same day the expansion was announced. Oh well.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Okay,

a) That sucks donkeyball(s), this is definetely +1 torrent in Denmark

and

b) How the fuck are they going to have me playing as my character when my character
looked pretty fucking dead, the last time I left her?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom