Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Latest News: Dragon Age DLC reviewed

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Dragon Age DLC Return to Ostagar seems not as good as anticipated, getting a score of only 1/5.

The final issue I had was that the DLC was not particularly innovative, while you get a few new pieces of dialog and short cut-scenes, it seems lackluster compared to the launch day Warden’s Keep DLC which while not much longer had a plot that was more gripping and had some minor branches in how it was solved. Unlike Return to Ostagar which is painfully linear and just consists of killing everything.

How will the Codex react to these terrible news?

MY%20LIFE%20IS%20OVER.jpg

sheek

Arbiter
From what I have seen all the DLCs so far have been tiny in content. 1-2 hours gameplay at most.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
So passionate over a silly little DLC. LMFAO

This is SERIOUS BIZNESS.

Silellak

Cipher
Pretty fucking sad - though I guess, not entirely unexpected - that they just re-used existing areas, added a tiny bit of new content, then turned around and sold it for $5.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
You are an idiot.

If I were loyal I would buy ALL their products but I don't. If I were so loyal I wouldn't criticize thenm at all.

Dumbass.

The Codex are the most loyal BIOwhores on the planet.

made

Arcane
Been seeding this for a week now, haven't tried it yet though. Rather post in DA threads than play the damn game itself. Xbox version supposedly broke some stuff in the game and had to be pulled. R00fles!

Rhalle

Magister
Far be it from me to defend Bioware, but this 'reviewer' doesn't even know how to write a complete sentence, as evidenced by the first dependent clause with a period on the end of it (er, I mean, ''sentence') of his reveiw.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Oh great, so someone was expecting anything good out of DA dlcs? After standards set by OBLIVION and FO3?

Self-Ejected

BlitzKitchen

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2012
What the fuck is up with DLC spam? I just want expansion packs, at least several months after the game's release, with long term effort put into them. It's better than just incrementally dropping stool into each game. I have a feeling ME2 will have this and my launcher will be gleaming with DLC advertisements when I start it up.

Moray

Scholar
BlitzKitchen said:
What the fuck is up with DLC spam? I just want expansion packs, at least several months after the game's release, with long term effort put into them. It's better than just incrementally dropping stool into each game. I have a feeling ME2 will have this and my launcher will be gleaming with DLC advertisements when I start it up.

Because it's a total cash-cow. I imagine someone, somewhere, figured that this style of numerous small installments was the best bang-for-buck work-to-profit ratio.

And it won't just be ME2. Watch nearly every major "AAA" video game title be overloaded with superfluous, pointless DLC bullshit in the near future. Hell, why not just charge for each individual portion of the game? Each chapter/main quest segment, only $4.99!

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Volourn said:
You are an idiot.

If I were loyal I would buy ALL their products but I don't. If I were so loyal I wouldn't criticize thenm at all.

Dumbass.

The Codex are the most loyal BIOwhores on the planet.

You mean we who constantly attack bioware's products are bigger fans of bioware than you who always jumps in to defend them? R00FL3S

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"You mean we who constantly attack bioware's products are bigger fans of bioware than you who always jumps in to defend them? R00FL3S"

You keep buying,. playing, and hyping their games. You do way more than me to promote their success.

I'm irrelevant.

sheek

Arbiter
Is Warden's Keep worth 560 points?

I already have a storage chest (modded) so I am not going to buy it for that.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Volourn said:
"You mean we who constantly attack bioware's products are bigger fans of bioware than you who always jumps in to defend them? R00FL3S"

You keep buying,. playing, and hyping their games. You do way more than me to promote their success.

I'm irrelevant.

Yes the masses of Banal shit boring is great hype for Bioware, they could probably learn a thing or 2 about marketing from us. By the way I'd say most of us don't actually buy their games :)
About you being irrelevant, don't say that, Our Lord Jesus has a place in his heart for eveyone :wink:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"About you being irrelevant, don't say that, Our Lord Jesus has a place in his heart for eveyone"

I don't give a shit about mass murderers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom