Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Reshaping the Modern RPG

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Talking specifically the point of the potions in Dragon Age, when I was playing that, a pop-up told me that when you get injuries, you've got to heal them with injury packs, but the text never told me how to heal with the injury pack.
Jesus...I'd laugh if it wasn't so sad.

Big Nose George

Educated
Is there something I dont know?
TLDR version please.

My guess: "We make games for morons now."

Ammar

Scholar
Great quotes here.

For both Dragon Age and Mass Effect there is a great deal of lore. How many people are writing this? Because even me, I'm so interested in it, but I couldn't read all of it. It's so much.
The user interface for both Dragon Age and Mass Effect were hard for me to really grab, and Mass Effect 2 is much more streamlined.

denizsi

Arcane
Codex should have a game journalist database, similar to developer data base, a hall of fame of sorts, dedicated to retarded game journalists like this Brandon Sheffield.

Dragon Age is pretty much an offline MMO on the PC side.
GZ: A large part of it is, yeah.

THIS SHOULDN'T BE A GOOD THING WHY ARE YOU AGREEING

And I just fucking love how it took him like ten hours to muster the strenght to open the inventory, hover the mouse over an injure kit and see how to fix it.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
For both Dragon Age and Mass Effect there is a great deal of lore. How many people are writing this? Because even me, I'm so interested in it, but I couldn't read all of it. It's so much.

Oh, it's not the quantity that makes it unreadable.

denizsi

Arcane
Alright, I've decided to do a wikia.com thing.

I'll create pages by names of game journalists and developers and simply quote comedy gold material from their articles etc. without any comments.

I'm taking wikia name suggestions (eg. something.wikia.com )

denizsi

Arcane
"journalolism", I like that. Keep it coming. If there are enough good suggestions, I'll make a poll. Keep in mind this will include developer quotes as well.

Once it's settled, I expect every self-respecting Codexer to contribute to the wiki.

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
denizsi said:
Alright, I've decided to do a wikia.com thing.

I'll create pages by names of game journalists and developers and simply quote comedy gold material from their articles etc. without any comments.

I'm taking wikia name suggestions (eg. something.wikia.com )

I don't know about names,but I had a similar idea once, and the thread got some good responses, so you might wanna read up on that.

Edit: Oh right, you're not commenting on anything. Nevermind, I guess. A database of retarded reviews would be good if that idea ever got off the ground, though.

Araanor

Liturgist
gameindustry, thegameindustry, gamebiz, thegamebiz, gameindustrypedia
gametruths, gameindustrytruth, gametruthpedia, moderngaming,
gameindustrywisdom, gamingwisdom, gamewords, gamecommandments,
gameindustrydecline, gamingdecline, declineofgaming,
gamepeoplepedia, gamepeople, gamegods, gamelords, gamemasters, gamingaltar
uncletoddslovedisco
molyneuxpedia

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Why don't just create a new topic, stick it, reserve the first few posts, and then write the pearls of wisdom in a bottom-up fashion?

Maybe add a "Weaselword of the Week" too? Like the comment about "we make emotional engaging games".

This shit needs to be saved for the posterity.

Maybe a journalists.txt topic?

Discuss!!!

xilofo

Novice
^Nah, i prefer the idea of a wiki, something that could be linked to in other websites that doesn't read "rpgcodex" 'cause then a lot of morons wouldn't click on it. Wiki looks more "LEGITIMAET".

Maybe you could get an Ausir-like guy to link to it every time a reviews discussion is brought up on some fanboy forums and shit.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
But at the end of the day, that fictional wiki/page/blog/twitter would be eventually known as a satirical site poking fun at the stupidity of some developers/producers/BROS, and would start to get the same RpgCodex treatment.

http://welovepetegrin.wikia.com

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom