Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Gothic II Night of the Raven in English at last... if you're French

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Gothic II: Night of the Raven; Piranha Bytes

Here's one for the "go figure" file: <a href=http://www.dagonslair.com/>Dagon's Lair</a>, a French language RPG website, recieved word from publisher <a href=http://www.bigbeninteractive.co.uk/>Bigben Interactive</a> that German developer Piranha Bytes' Gothic II expansion, Night of the Raven, will be released in France on June 17th. All audio will be in English, but with French subtitles. Meanwhile, any release of this English version in an English speaking country is still pending.
<br>
<br>
I'm sure all this makes sense to someone. Fans of Gothic should also keep an eye out for Gothic III, which will be on display at this year's <a href=http://www.e3expo.com>E3 Expo</a>.
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPGDot</A>

Fez

Erudite
Bizarre. They need to lay off of the crack.

Fez

Erudite
Just buying this version and replacing the subtitles with the fan patch might give you a fully (or close to fully) English language version.

Fez

Erudite
It's spitting in the eye of every single one of our war dead! HOW DARE THEY! Time to start rattling sabers.

taks

Liturgist
ya gotta figure that somebody did some market research and decided this was a worthwhile detour... either that or somebody needs to be fired.
taks

Slaytanic

Educated
Wow, just wow.
I really wonder what's going on through their thick skulls.

Surlent

Liturgist
Hey at least we now know there's english version out there. :)
Maybe the german felt neighbour love for the french just like in WWII and wanted them taste some of it first. France is right next to German so transporting products goes quite fast. Not that they really haven't had time to ship that expansion already few times worldwide anyway. :P

I wouldn't be surprised if they'd continue shipping that version to other countries on the same run as well. With good luck we'll end up getting that english voiced and french subtitled version too.

Fez

Erudite
This makes the Enron dealings look simple by comparison.

Gorath

Novice
Spain will also get an English version in June. The Italian version will be released in a few days.

bamb

Novice
I dont think so..

It was already going down for the Germans when the US attacked, and that was around 1 year before the war was over.

The other countries with Russia who fought against like 80% of the German army did much.

The US took care of the remaining 20%, but in time they would probably have fallen anyways without their help.

Im greatful to what the US did because i am a european and they shortened the war.

I just dont like when ppl come and give all the credit to US as if it would be everything thanks to them.

Its all the same what we learn in school about how great it was that US saved us. I feel sorry that we dont learn more about the russians which lost around 40 million ppl in a , well very brutal way.

Spazmo

Erudite
Uh... sure, the Nazis would have lost anyways, but they would have lost to the Soviets, which would have yielded an entirely different post-war Europe than we now know. I know I'd rather have had my country liberated by the British, Americans or Canadians than the Russians.

bryce777

Erudite
Well, that was (I thought) very obviously a joke.

Anyway, it is true the russians did the bulk of the actual fighting, but their army was largely outfitted by american arms and ammunition...for instance they were given about 22k airplanes produced in the US. US forces also fought against some of the most fortified positions in the entire war, and with only a single front war, the russians would have had a hell of a time ever getting across the rhine.

Fez

Erudite
I'm not sure how well the Soviets would have fared without the air supriority and supplies from the others.

Fez

Erudite
That's just a Myth, next you'll be claiming the French helped out.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
(Oh oh oh, I wanna join in!)

All I know is if it weren't for the US OF A ...
...or without the help of the Kiwis and Aussies.
We performed useful tactical operations like "being forced into the front rank" and "clear that ridge so us limeys can walk up there for a cup of tea".
Or "throw yourselves at that Turkish beach repititively until you mostly die". That last was a big fav in WWI especially.

Fez said:
That's just a Myth, next you'll be claiming the French helped out.
They helped out with cheesy croisants and wine after it was all over.
Oh, and much thanks should go to the Germans for readying the venue!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom