Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Yet Another Alpha Protocol Thread

Should I buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Dragula said:
Just buy it already, money well spent. Might even pay their salaries so they can release a god damn patch.

racofer

Thread Incliner
BLOBERT said:
BROS FACSE IT YOU GOTTA HATE A FEW GAMES HEWRE AND THERE FOR INTERNET CRED IF SOME FAG TRIES SOME FAGGY LOGICAL ARGUMENT SHIT YOU JUST PUST HEY CONSOLETARTD ENJOY YOUR XBAWKS FAG THAT WILL TOTALLY SHOW THEM HOW STUPID THEY ARE

s5buad.jpg

Elzair

Cipher
Clockwork Knight said:
ScottishMartialArts said:
And I've never taken a dick up the ass for pay.

Oh. Didn't watch the video, and assumed there was flesh dick action. Rubber dick, then.

I know I will regret asking this, but what video are you talking about?

If you liked Bloodlines, yes. There are numerous flaws (lack of balance, corridor-ish nature of the missions, nonsensical loot, no "light gem" stealth meter and mediocre AI) but the game itself is good enough to far outweigh them. On my second playthrough now - this is saying something as it is a short list of games I've played multiple times.

The Ninth Circle said:
If you liked Bloodlines, yes. There are numerous flaws (lack of balance, corridor-ish nature of the missions, nonsensical loot, no "light gem" stealth meter and mediocre AI) but the game itself is good enough to far outweigh them. On my second playthrough now - this is saying something as it is a short list of games I've played multiple times.

See, I disagree. I love Bloodlines, but I hate AP. Bloodlines had a ton of flaws, but it had much better characters, a much better world, and better gameplay (until the end), and the dialogue was miles better. AP is just a steaming pile of mediocrity with a side of shit.

themadhatter114

Liturgist
Patron
The only great parts of Bloodlines are the Haunted Hotel and maybe Grout's Mansion. And unless you include the entire second half of the game as part of "the end," then much more than "the end" was terrible.

You could completely beat Alpha Protocol in the amount of time it takes to suffer through the Nosferatu Warrens, the Giovanni Mansion, Hotel Hallowbrook, and the end-game battles. There is just too much bad in Bloodlines to make me want to play it again, and I'd sure as hell not want to play it with anything but a stealth character. The combat is horrid. I recommend playing as Malkavian on your first playthrough and not playing it again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom