Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squad Battles: Red Victory & France '14 Announced

Jason

chasing a bee
<strong>[ Announcement ]</strong>

<a href="http://www.hpssims.com/" target="_blank">HPS</a> announced two new titles and The Wargamer has the details.

<a href="http://www.wargamer.com/article/2884/hps-announces-red-victory" target="_blank">Squad Battles: Red Victory</a>
<blockquote>Red Victory is the long awaited sequel to Advance of the Reich, published over seven years ago. It is a tactical level computer wargame with scenarios ranging over the entire Eastern Front, 1943-45. The basic unit is the squad, but players can form units up to division level. With this game, the Squad Battles engine has received many upgrades and the level of detail has grown. The number of scenarios included in this title has almost tripled, as have the number of maps available for player use.

The last half of the war on the Eastern Front (1943-45) is covered in detail here with multiple scenarios from battles in Kharkov, Warsaw, Kursk, Kiev, Korsun & Berlin, to name but a few. Any wargamer with an interest in the Russian Front will find many hours on challenging engagements awaiting them.
</blockquote><a href="http://www.wargamer.com/article/2885/hps-announces-france-14" target="_blank">First World War Campaigns: France '14</a>
<blockquote>France  '14 is the first title in a new series entitled First World War Campaigns. This series attempts something that has never been attempted before: to cover all the major campaigns of World War One, with units going down to battalion level. The history of the war itself is often plagued by inaccurate stereotypes and assumptions, and this series attempts to dispel them and bridge what is otherwise a relatively empty wargaming void in history. The First World War Campaigns series also seeks to demonstrate the evolution of warfare between the Napoleonic period and the Second World War by demonstrating the evolution of weapons and tactics: it will show the rise of tanks, poison gas, assault infantry, and airpower. If you like Panzer Campaigns or the Napoleonic Battles series, then First World War Campaigns will help complete your wargaming experience!</blockquote>Don't really need any new games, but a Squad Battles title is always a powerful temptation. Guess the real question is: Red Victory or Dien Bien Phu?<p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.wargamer.com/">The Wargamer</a></p>

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
The squad battle games are all pretty much awesome. Dien Bien Phu is great in that both sides don't usually carry and overwhelming amount of firepower and you really have to make do with what you got. Still, east front combat is always cool.

Then again, there isn't a single game about the spanish civil war apart from that squad battles one as far as I know and I haven't played that one yet. Choices...

Jason

chasing a bee
Then again, there isn't a single game about the spanish civil war apart from that squad battles one as far as I know and I haven't played that one yet. Choices...

Ah yes. Forgot about that one. Will probably get that before DBP. Red Victory is still a temptation, though, since I'm a sucker for that isometric miniatures look.

Annonchinil

Scholar
I was never a fan of the way SB handled tank combat, so while Red Victory is tempting I will probably pick up DBP and France '14 instead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom