Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Making videos from computer games is a piracy.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
As you were aware, FF XIII videos were somehow nerfed, because Square-Enix complained about them... Now it looks like some game publishers decided to increase sales by threating people who are making gameplay videos.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/07/0 ... is-piracy/

That's funny, isn't it?

entertainer

Arbiter
what the fuck did i just click?

71418__468x_kudo-wafter.jpg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
LP threads are probably also piracy on this account.

Better delete the Codex Playground.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
yes, publishers and devs never lie about legal matters, and eulas are totally binding.

Monocause

Arcane
Uh, the article is about this Jap eroge genre, mostly consisting of visual novels. Considering that 99% of these games' gameplay is reading and watching it's not a surprise that they get butthurt about gameplay videos.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Monocause said:
Uh, the article is about this Jap eroge genre, mostly consisting of visual novels. Considering that 99% of these games' gameplay is reading and watching it's not a surprise that they get butthurt about gameplay videos.
It's not like significant part of the Alpha protocol/ME2 isn't watching a video, then rapidly pressing button.

(On the other hand they are moving away from allowing multiple paths in kinetic novels.)

However FF XIII wasn't a visual novel, yet FF XIII intro wasn't allowed to be on youtube.

treave said:
frequents Sankaku.

Yay.

It's unbiased news site about Japan, somewhat similar to: "The Sun". While I believe "The Sun" is a scum, Sankaku complex has great galleries.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Raghar said:
It's unbiased news site about Japan, somewhat similar to: "The Sun". While I believe "The Sun" is a scum, Sankaku complex has great galleries.

Simply put, Sankaku has better tits than The Sun.

xrm1

Educated
I pirated Silent Hill 1-3 by watching Let's Play videos on youtube because I sort of wanted to know the story but could not bear the terrible gameplay.

Don't worry, you aren't alone Raghar. I read it there too. :brofist:

treave said:
Raghar said:

Simply put, Sankaku has better tits than The Sun.

Indeed. Maybe the Codex would be more popular if every news power was prefaced with Hentai?

Gerrard

Arcane
Raghar said:
It's unbiased news site about Japan
riso4ielt5.gif

While I believe "The Sun" is a scum, Sankaku complex has great galleries.
Which are stolen from Danbooru. Which in turn are technically stolen from pixiv/artist's sites.

Drakron

Arcane
Sankaku Complex is crap, over the top sensationalist last week news. Its hated by weeaboo, at least the ones with actual power levels.

As for videos ... hardly news as NaziTube loves taking down things, also its not that enforced across the board as I managed to watch the entire play of FF XIII on JewTube, I understand why Square Enix wanted down since its a on a rails corridor RPG without anything of worth.

Achilles

Arcane
You know, this isn't as weird as it sounds. Most modern games have such limited interactivity that they might as well be videos, plus publishers have already started replacing demos with "Popamole Warfare 3: The first 10 minutes" videos.

Think about it: If someone would watch a full video playthrough of, say, Heavy Rain or Gears of War, would he need to buy it in order to not miss out on all the awesum gameplay? I don't think so.

chzr

Scholar
Alexandros said:
Think about it: If someone would watch a full video playthrough of, say, Heavy Rain or Gears of War, would he need to buy it in order to not miss out on all the awesum gameplay? I don't think so.

on the other hand, if watching full playthrough on yt is the same experience as playing it (I watched heavy rain and i doubt i'd enjoy it moar with pressing square or oval or w/e that console has), what's the point of the 'game' then?

Achilles

Arcane
That's why they are deleting the videos bro, they don't want people to know the truth: There is no gameplay any more, it's only the game playing itself and some retards holding a controller, pushing some buttons and thinking that they are actually playing.

It reminds me of this one time that a cousin of mine came to visit and her kid wanted to play a game but she was too young to actually play it properly. I let a game run on demo mode and gave her a controller that wasn't plugged in. She never knew that the buttons she pushed did nothing, but she did have fun in her ignorance, watching all the pretty colors and graphics. This is modern gaming.

Cassidy

Arcane
Great deal. It's not like I'd ever bother removing a shitty movie with minigames labelled as a game from an inventory in the first place.

Alexandros hit the nail in the head with the previous post.

Drakron said:
Sankaku Complex is crap, over the top sensationalist last week news. Its hated by weeaboo, at least the ones with actual power levels.

As for videos ... hardly news as JEWTube loves taking down things, also its not that enforced across the board as I managed to watch the entire play of FF XIII on JewTube, I understand why Square Enix wanted down since its a on a rails corridor RPG without anything of worth.

Fixed

mondblut

Arcane
Raghar said:
Considering that 99% of these games' gameplay is reading and watching it's not a surprise that they get butthurt about gameplay videos.

In before Herve Caen gets the same idea about PST videos :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom