Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Dragon Age Leliana’s Song DLC Review

Black

Arcane
Azrael the cat said:
The tears in the picture need to be more realistic.
They're not tears. :smug:

It's a good DLC. The only downside is that every single map is recycled from Origins/Awakening. And they also retconned the story to fit in with the recycling.

The voice acting and music is very good, though. So, whatever.

Oh, and it's about 3 hours.

chzr

Scholar
ScottishMartialArts said:
Is DA worth torrenting, or is the retardo writing enough to drive anyone to self-mutilation?

more like the filler combat.

Cassidy

Arcane
Some Moron On Welfare said:
Is DA worth torrenting, or is the retardo writing enough to drive anyone to self-mutilation?
Read VD's review. FWIW, it's easily the best RPG of the past five years.

HA_HA_HA_OH_WOW.jpg

racofer

Thread Incliner
It's a good DLC. The only downside is that every single map is recycled from Origins/Awakening.

That's expected, given it takes place on Denerim not long before DA:O.

Leliana's story was supposed to take place in Orlais. Basically, what Leliana tells you in Origins is that Marjolaine sent her to kill a person to get some papers, but she got curious and opened them. She saw Orlsesian military seals and confronted Marjolaine about it. Marjolaine then betrayed her to the guards, and Leliana was captured for treason. She managed to escape and as she was now a traitor in Orlais, she had to flee to Ferelden.

But what happens in Leliana's Song is a completely different story. This is a pretty big retcon. Obviously, this was done so that the cheap ass DLC team didn't have to make new maps to show Orlais.

Grog

Educated
Leliana's story was supposed to take place in Orlais. Basically, what Leliana tells you in Origins is that Marjolaine sent her to kill a person to get some papers, but she got curious and opened them. She saw Orlsesian military seals and confronted Marjolaine about it. Marjolaine then betrayed her to the guards, and Leliana was captured for treason. She managed to escape and as she was now a traitor in Orlais, she had to flee to Ferelden.

But what happens in Leliana's Song is a completely different story. This is a pretty big retcon. Obviously, this was done so that the cheap ass DLC team didn't have to make new maps to show Orlais.
It's either a blatant retcon in the name of cheapness, or the professional liar was lying. Not having played the expansion, I don't know whether Lelliana lying to the Warden makes sense though.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
circ said:
If you thought the majority of DA:O chars were shitty emo teenagers, will you think the same of LS DLC? Oh it has Leilana in it? I guess that answers that. SO YOU JUST GOT MOTHERFUCKING TORTURED (I DID NOT READ ANY OF THE DA:O BACKSTORY), BETRAYED BY SOME MOTHERFUCKING MOTHERFUCKER, ESCAPED, MET THIS BUTCHERING BAND OF PSYCHOS, JOINED THEM. AND THEN OVER THE COURSE OF THEIR ADVENTURES, YOU TALK SHIT TO A GUY ABOUT FLOWERS. AND CALL HIM A SOFTIE. YO, MAYBE I HUNG OUT WITH THE WRONG KIND OF PINOCHET TORTURE VICTIMS, BUT MOTHERFUCKER, THEY NEVER SURE AS FUCK TALKED TO ME ABOUT FLOWERS OR SOFTIES.
It's because torture isn't rape which means that it's not horrible and can be downplayed.

Lesifoere

Liturgist

Retardo writing and retardo combat. Can't even pick your poison: none of the long, trudging dungeon sections are skippable.

denizsi

Arcane
I read that as "position", which sadly is also true. Game resetting your characters' positions in dialogue-to-combat situations were extremely annoying. Considering you could do that in BG series, DA is extremely dumbed down, along other similar things.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom