Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Crusader Kings - ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

anus_pounder

Arcane
Only recognize Ignatio and El Cid. Also, whats with the #(##) for your ruler's stats ?

cardtrick

Arbiter
anus_pounder said:
Also, whats with the #(##) for your ruler's stats ?

The first number is the ruler's base stat, while the second is the "effective" stat -- which is his base stat plus the relevant adviser's stat. I'm pretty sure that most everything in the game only checks against the effective stat, so having strong advisers is very important.

For reference, the advisors and their effective stats are:

chancellor - diplomacy (largely affects loyalty of your vassals and acceptance of your diplomatic offers)

marshall - martial skill (directly affects the outcome of battles)

steward - stewardship skill (affects the income you get from your provinces)

spymaster - intrigue skill (determines the number of provinces that you can directly control without penalty and affects success chances of assassination attempts both for and against you)

The various skills all also influence events, which are the real core of the game.

L'ennui

Magister
With 21 martial skill I dare you to take the muslim part of Spain... and keep going until you reach Alexandria. And then, slowly, make your way to Jerusalem? DEUS VULT! :P

Santini

Novice
If you don't mind, I'mma gonna flash my epeen about for a moment:

croatiau.jpg

I RULE ZE WORLD!

... for about 3 years

Luzur

Good Sir
goddammit man, you need to do the huge updates like in Sengoku rance LP, now those are the nice updates.

Cassidy

Arcane
root said:
WW has his own webspace; besides, SR has rape scenes. this game is completely random. there'd be no point in continuing the update after the king died, it'd feel silly.

the next one is potentially huge, but i'm not sure i wanna use so many picchers at once

also, reserved post

Fixed.

Also, I used almost every possible Kingdom of Heaven shot in my Civ III LP, I'm sorry that now they got too old to be used here. Of course, posting random or related photos and pics to mock people with cheap Internets of the Fourthworldia is not something everyone has a style.

Cassidy

Arcane
This game is interesting. I managed to turn Poland into an empire almost as large as the historical Russian Empire, and according to the points screen shown when you press F2, the world's leading empire... at the expense of ending with -3000 gold and taking decades to recover from the debts.

Luzur

Good Sir
my Duchy of Hälsingland (Norrland) rivaled the kingdom of Sweden and the Russian duchies last time i played Crusader Kings.

i even went to war with Germany and kinda won too, atleast some provinces where taken along the german north coast before peace was made.

a damn good game, i think i will install it again.

Cassidy

Arcane
I suppose it is historical that every time a succession happens in a very large empire, shit hits the fan. Because in my playthrough with Poland, the loyalty of 15 out of 32 vassals dropped sharply after Boleslaw "the Extreme"* died, and the Civil War didn't take much longer to begin.

*I love the fact that being EXTREME when dealing with revolts in your provinces instead of ceding to the demands of the revolters will give your character a ridiculous amount of prestige once you have built a large empire.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom