Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Restrictions on posting in GD?

Impose level up requirements for posting in GD?

• Leave it as it is (I am very upset about the Codex)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leave it as it is (for the lulz)

• Change it (I am very upset about the alts)

• Change it (for the lulz)

• Total voters
I wanted to write something lulzy here suggesting members must have registered for a certain time period or have x number of posts before being able to post in GD, but I got bored. So instead~

281u3y8.jpg

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Users that weren't registered sooner than half a year ago ought not to be able to write in GD.

Glyphwright

Why exactly should there be dumb restrictions like that? To ensure that GD becomes stale, banal shit boring and impossible to post in?

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
How about if you post in GD you are no longer allowed to post in the other forums?

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Aren't most GD trolls people who came here for cRPGs? I think that Jim Profit was the only one who came here for GD.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Awor Szurkrarz said:
Aren't most GD trolls people who came here for cRPGs? I think that Jim Profit was the only one who came here for GD.

A considerable amount of them haven't played RPGs or posted in GRPG for years outside of the occasional token appearance. Maybe keeping track of the GD:Other post ratio would be good, if it were possible.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Jesus Mohammad Christ we are taking the Codex seriously these days, aren't we?

Lumpy

Arcane
Glyphwright said:
Why exactly should there be dumb restrictions like that? To ensure that GD becomes stale, banal shit boring and impossible to post in?
Impossible to post in? I'm not following.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
What we really need is restrictions on posting in Site Feedback amirite?

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Awor Szurkrarz said:
There are a few. Bryce is a good example too: he initially posted in the gaming forums but I think even back in his Jim Kata (or whatever it was) alt he was pretty much exclusive to GD. And as Schattenjagger he tried to make one thread in Adventure Gaming (which was possibly the worst "I want recommendations" thread you can imagine) and barely tried, everything else he posted was spamming in GD.

DraQ said:
Whatever the exact implementation might be I'm all for it if it will prevent dedicated trolls from posting.
Yeah but all the suggestions so far will result, as CF pointed out, in the trolling moving away from GD and into GGD and GRPGD. Or, god forbid, into the Workshop.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
This thread is now about banning Cloaked Figure.

Ban Cloaked Figure?

:M

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
To be honest, with all of these new fucking shit troll/alt posters I'd love to see a limitation of say 5 posts a day slapped now on anyone with a join date of 2010 (5 posts period, regardless of what forum they post in).

Then after say maybe 1 one month probation period, check the posting history of the new poster and see if he is just trolling/lol alt or actively contributing.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Jaesun said:
To be honest, with all of these new fucking shit troll/alt posters I'd love to see a limitation of say 5 posts a day slapped now on anyone with a join date of 2010 (5 posts period, regardless of what forum they post in).

Then after say maybe 1 one month probation period, check the posting history of the new poster and see if he is just trolling/lol alt or actively contributing.
I like that idea, though it would mean much more work for administration.
:M

Malachi

Liturgist
GD currently functions as a sort of "red light district" for the Codex. You know what you are getting when you go there -- usually fascism, personal hygiene problems, sodomy, or trannies. Sometimes all in the same thread. A limit on posting in GD would result in a spread of its filth to the other forums, and so would be counterproductive.

JohnBeloe

Novice
I think you guys should do a heavier moderation on that part of the forums. I've spotted people using racial epiteths and making extremely offensive remarks about religion.

This can get the forum in problems with the law in most countries.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom