Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Old games and compatibility (or lack therof)

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Quick question: does anyone know what are the current ways to get Wizardry, Might and Magic, and Ultima series to work on XP? Aside reinstalling Win 98, that is :)

I was planning on getting collections of the series towards the end of the year, and i was wondering if there are any specific game emulators, front ends, or general applications that make it run - or even remakes of the titles, for instance?

Deathy

Liturgist
DOSBox and VirtualPC are pretty good emulators (do a Google search on them). I'm not sure about the Wiz and Might and Magic games, but most of the Ultima series are getting Windows ports made for them.

Montez

Novice
I second DOSBox - there are a few games that aren't fully supported, but it's run every game I've used it with. For Windows 95 games usually just checking the "Compatible with Windows 95(or whatever it's labeled)" in properties will make it run.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom