Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Got New Vegas a Day Early

Topher

Cipher
Ancient said:
Good game is good.
Shitty console is shitty.

I'd like my 360 more if it would quit breaking. I'm on my fourth console and it's now broken as well, bad harddrive. So far it hasn't cost me a dime to get them fixed or replaced but now that it's going to cost me I'm just going to leave it be.

Topher said:
Ancient said:
Good game is good.
Shitty console is shitty.

I'd like my 360 more if it would quit breaking. I'm on my fourth console and it's now broken as well, bad harddrive. So far it hasn't cost me a dime to get them fixed or replaced but now that it's going to cost me I'm just going to leave it be.

After the third time mine broke down I waited until the Red Ring Warranty was about to expire, and sold it to someone else. :smug: I'll get one of those newer ones the first time they drop a notch.

relootz

Scholar
back to sportforredneck said:
Yes it is the 360 version, baww if you want. Either way, still playing it before you all, and not with a torrent.

NO CONSOLE CRAP

So is this the next fase in the decline, should we just talk about consolecrap all the time.

Where will this end?

latexmonkeys

Augur
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
relootz said:
NO CONSOLE CRAP

So is this the next fase in the decline, should we just talk about consolecrap all the time.

Where will this end?

Yeah! What's next, jrpg and pokemon whatever color rpg discussions...

Heresiarch

Prophet
Any dumbass dialogues? Like "my dad middle aged guy" or "[INT] Yo your voice fights the good fight"?

Topher

Cipher
Stereotypical Villain said:
[Intelligence] It seems like people who pick the Xbox over the PC are unintelligent...

I have both, it's crazy right? How did I do it?

On an unrelated note Pokemon/JRPG talk already exists here and is hardly all that decline. Real decline is all these new posters who have tastes that are pretty much the exact opposite of everybody else on the codex and who seem to hate absolutely everyone on the Codex who posted here before them, yet here they stay putting up posts... it's beyond me and I swear they're coming out of the wood work. In the last week alone I've started to really take notice of the huge amount of new posters that swarm these boards. I'm hardly a well-know poster but at least I actually like these boards which is seemingly more then can be said about most of the new people.

* Forgot to ask about the glitches. Be sure to let us know if you encounter any because they seem to be quite common.

relootz

Scholar
It IS decline, they are shallow, retarded games for people who enjoy a quick fix.

Everytime a gameseries gets made for a broader adience (read consoles), we get the same stupid crap. Dumbing down for the consolecrowd who like nothing more then a game to be a sandwhich which they can consume in their sofa before the TV while not using the little braincells they posses.

And of course there are also the hardware demands and the controller demands who also are responsable for the dumbing down, lest we use to much buttons the consolecrowd can't use it!!

PC gamers who are used to better games are left in the cold everytime.

Most of them aren't even RPG's and should be put in general gaming anyway instead of littering GRPG.

Topher

Cipher
relootz said:
It IS decline, they are shallow, retarded games for people who enjoy a quick fix.

Everytime a gameseries gets made for a broader adience (read consoles), we get the same stupid crap. Dumbing down for the consolecrowd who like nothing more then a game to be a sandwhich which they can consume in their sofa before the TV while not using the little braincells they posses.

And of course there are also the hardware demands and the controller demands who also are responsable for the dumbing down, lest we use to much buttons the consolecrowd can't use it!!

PC gamers who are used to better games are left in the cold everytime.

Most of them aren't even RPG's and should be put in general gaming anyway instead of littering GRPG.

I was talking about stuff like Pokemon because it was mentioned... there is plenty of decline in gaming in general but I hardly think that talking about Pokemon is more decline for the Codex forums then many of the new posters who make it clear they don't like the place and only seem to hang around to be upbeat which is edgy by Codex standards. They're trolls who like to keep it positive so that they can get away with it. I shouldn't rant about them so much... anybody who's anybody already know all this, I just wish I saw more of those people posting when I'm on instead of all the new folks and like I said for this last past week it has been more apparent to me for some reason.

* It's 5:46am where I am and here come the posters I know and love again...

:love:... everybody else can... :rpgcodex:

latexmonkeys

Augur
Patron
Topher said:
On an unrelated note Pokemon/JRPG talk already exists here and is hardly all that decline. Real decline is all these new posters who have tastes that are pretty much the exact opposite of everybody else on the codex and who seem to hate absolutely everyone on the Codex who posted here before them, yet here they stay putting up posts...

I'm quite aware of the pokemon/jrpg talk and there was a time when this kind of discussion belonged to those whose tastes were the exact opposite of everybody else on the codex. Times have changed and the codex is not what it was.

Topher

Cipher
latexmonkeys said:
Topher said:
On an unrelated note Pokemon/JRPG talk already exists here and is hardly all that decline. Real decline is all these new posters who have tastes that are pretty much the exact opposite of everybody else on the codex and who seem to hate absolutely everyone on the Codex who posted here before them, yet here they stay putting up posts...

I'm quite aware of the pokemon/jrpg talk and there was a time when this kind of discussion belonged to those whose tastes were the exact opposite of everybody else on the codex. Times have changed and the codex is not what it was.

Everything changes over time and that's fine but the Pokemon and such talk has in my experience always been kept in the appropriate topics. All this new stuff is in every single topic I come across and just seems to be coming out of the cracks.

MetalCraze

Arcane
I've watched the gameplay trailer of this piece of shit.

I don't know what to say. Calling it an eastern european trash shooter will be like insulting eastern european trash shooters. It isn't that the game is just as retarded as original with its medieval armour and weapons and the stupid space suit

The graphics, the animations, the models - I want to unsee them! They are beyond fucking ugly.

C-class Alpha Protocol looks like an AAA project compared to this.
You know I'm afraid to imagine what would've happened to NWN2 OC if Sawyer had it through the whole dev cycle.

Ancient

Erudite
MetalCraze said:

I don't know what to say. Calling it an eastern european trash shooter will be like insulting eastern european trash shooters. It isn't that the game is just as retarded as original with its medieval armour and weapons and the stupid space suit

The graphics, the animations, the models - I want to unsee them! They are beyond fucking ugly.

C-class Alpha Protocol looks like an AAA project compared to this.
You know I'm afraid to imagine what would've happened to NWN2 OC if Sawyer had it through the whole dev cycle.

a_med_chris_artikel2.jpg

Skyway you are just a big crybaby , which popped himself

Topher

Cipher
Gay-Lussac said:
MetalCraze said:

STONE THE GRAPHICS WHORE!

If we were going to stone Skyway for being a graphics whore we would have done so a long time ago. It looks exactly like what I expected it to look like, which is just like Fallout 3 so I don't see the point in even addressing the graphics. Does anybody expect them to be an improvement?

latexmonkeys

Augur
Patron
Topher said:

Enter Skyway...

MetalCraze said:

Now that's the kind of intelligent, thoughtful opining that is glaringly absent from these darn newbies who keep crawling out of the woodwork.

Topher

Cipher
latexmonkeys said:
Topher said:

Enter Skyway...

MetalCraze said:

Now that's the kind of intelligent, thoughtful opining that is glaringly absent from these darn newbies who keep crawling out of the woodwork.

I've seen enough of skyway's posting to know why he feels the way he does and I'd imagine that most people around here have as well but even if he can't be bothered to give any actual reasons at least he's on topic, which is all more then can be said for me right now, and to be honest I've seen the trailer and he's right. It's pretty obvious why he feels that way and it doesn't need much introduction if you've watched the trailer.

latexmonkeys

Augur
Patron
Topher said:
It looks exactly like what I expected it to look like, which is just like Fallout 3 so I don't see the point in even addressing the graphics. Does anybody expect them to be an improvement?

No. In fact it's quite silly to expect much of an improvement graphically. The last thing any reasonable codexer should want Obsidian focusing on are the graphics.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Improvement? Failout 3 looks way better and even has better animations.

The only thing that any reasonable codexer should want is quality not some shit that makes you want to tear your eyeballs out. It isn't like gameplay or the setting are any better.
Seriously Thief 1 & 2 looks way better than this. Less polys and no mocap either but why 11 years old Thief games don't look like shit?

latexmonkeys

Augur
Patron
MetalCraze said:

The only thing that any reasonable codexer should want is quality not some shit that makes you want to tear your eyeballs out. It isn't like gameplay or the setting are any better.
Seriously Thief 1 & 2 looks way better than this. Less polys and no mocap either but why 11 years old Thief games don't look like shit?
I don't know. Is it simply a lack of talent or what?

Topher

Cipher
MetalCraze said:

I really don't remember Fallout 3 looking any better but I played it on 360. TO be honest I really couldn't care either way, the graphics look good enough to me, and that sort of thing doesn't make or break a game for me. I only wish the mechanics had seen more improvement.

* The team behind Thief were far more talented. While Thief doesn't have the bells and whistles the models do look less awkward.

I can't tell you much about level scaling. Combat seems difficult when there's more than a few people or if they have automatic weapons.

I haven't listened to Fallout's soundtrack in so long that I can't tell you how much of it is in. Soundtrack sounds fine to me.

No retarded dialogue so far as far as I remember. Everything seems serviceable at the least.

Talk of the Hub and other old things make me smile.

And christ, you people are overly sensitive. I was just trying to have some fun with you about having the game before you, and you take it as me being immature or consoletard. I just don't have a nice enough computer and they're too expensive. So I have my 360 and I enjoy games on it, teh horror.

Topher

Cipher
back to sportforredneck said:
And christ, you people are overly sensitive. I was just trying to have some fun with you about having the game before you, and you take it as me being immature or consoletard. I just don't have a nice enough computer and they're too expensive. So I have my 360 and I enjoy games on it, teh horror.

It's not you're fault since you live in Maryland and or Iowa. Still it's nice to hear that the dialog is less crappy then in Fallout 3, unless that's not what you're saying, I don't really know your stance on that game.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
So do you enjoy sitting in front of your TV with your little control-ler like a shameless man-child you fucking cockaroch? This game is so much shit shit is coming out of my eyes as I'm writing about it. This game is so much shit, everyone reasonable should spend at least 500 posts on how shit it is, and since I'm a reasonable man that is bestowed with the reasonable power to judge things reasonably I'm going tell you how reasonably shit this shit is. This shit is a crime agaisnt reason and let me tell you I am reason itself. Shit is shit and we shouldn't bother discussing about it but since you're so shit I have to write to remind you how this is so much shit and you need to stop talking about it until you agree with me, reason, 100%. Otherwise you are shit like this piece of shit. I hate this shit so much, this is so much shit, omg my standards are so refined I cannot take in this piece of shit, look at this silly shit, goddamn jesus christ this is so shit

ME14.jpg

I guess that's about it then, right?

Dialogue in Fallout 3 is painful to read. New Vegas, I can get into it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom