Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's build a 2D pixelart game!

AdmiralHugbunny

Educated
Between study and work I've started a little project which I hope, over time, will evolve into something not completely hideous.

I proudly present to you the very first iteration of

Pixelfags!

So this is how it's going to work, Codex: you think up ideas and provide the art, and I'll do my best to code a simple and tasteful pixelart game.

To demonstrate what I've built so far is this screenshot:

pixelfags1.png

I know it isn't much, but I've developed the basic ability to load and display images.

Now is your chance to shine as the bloom artists and cover system designers of the next-gen future!

AdmiralHugbunny

Educated
If anyone can post a link to a set of decent-looking, royalty-free (CC preferably) tiles, I'll make a tile engine.

Otherwise, I'll try finding some graphics when I have some free time (not soon). I know I shouldn't start development by looking for assets, but this project is mostly for show, so I'll try to make changes that can be posted here in screenshot form, at least for a start.

Murk

Arcane
that pixel town above looks like an expanded version of haven and hearth - quite the charming graphical setting that game

Phelot

Arcane
They don't need roads! Everything is provided for them... venturing outside of town is forbidden. everything is provided for them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom