Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gahahaha, let's play Sengoku Rance! (NSFW)

lightbane

Arcane
ghostdog said:
Japanese Judge : You are accused of violently raping that girl, what do you have to say for yourself ?
Japanese Rapist : It's not my fault ! It was those eyes of hers... They told me to harass her ! They MADE me violate her !
Japanese Judge : Are you serious ?!
Japanese Rapist : Yes ! That girl pulled me into a dangerous world and made me do bad things !
Japanese Judge : In that case... ARREST THE GIRL ! She's a menace to our glorious society !
Japanese Girl : No, please, I'm sorry !
Japanese Judge : And gang-rape her while you're at it !
Japanese Girl : No !!! Stop !!!! Please...... ahhh ... ooohh ..... Kimochi :oops:

"Objection! It's not the girl's fault! An evil sucubus is possesing her!"

That reminds me that someone should try to do a lp of Phoenix Wright, it has lots of inanity and even Codexian-like characters... In any case, moar! probably I'll be the one, next week I'll be able to post the 1st update though I have to check first if No$gba will work...

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
lightbane said:
probably I'll be the one, next week I'll be able to post the 1st update though I have to check first if No$gba will work...

http://www.mediafire.com/?6f1iettlu6phykc
Here, use this version. It's says "beta" but it's only a cover up for a heavily modified version of the program with all the goodies (plug-inns and bios). REMEMBER to set the proper "Cartridge" version, No$gba doesn't automatically do it.

Man, how will you deal with all the text?

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
lightbane said:
ghostdog said:
Japanese Judge : You are accused of violently raping that girl, what do you have to say for yourself ?
Japanese Rapist : It's not my fault ! It was those eyes of hers... They told me to harass her ! They MADE me violate her !
Japanese Judge : Are you serious ?!
Japanese Rapist : Yes ! That girl pulled me into a dangerous world and made me do bad things !
Japanese Judge : In that case... ARREST THE GIRL ! She's a menace to our glorious society !
Japanese Girl : No, please, I'm sorry !
Japanese Judge : And gang-rape her while you're at it !
Japanese Girl : No !!! Stop !!!! Please...... ahhh ... ooohh ..... Kimochi :oops:

"Objection! It's not the girl's fault! An evil sucubus is possesing her!"

That reminds me that someone should try to do a lp of Phoenix Wright, it has lots of inanity and even Codexian-like characters... In any case, moar! probably I'll be the one, next week I'll be able to post the 1st update though I have to check first if No$gba will work...
please do this. we can't have enough good lps.

alas, sorry,but i think you don't stand a chance against the marvelous phoenix drive lp :mca:

lightbane

Arcane
WhiskeyWolf said:
lightbane said:
probably I'll be the one, next week I'll be able to post the 1st update though I have to check first if No$gba will work...

Here, use this version. It's says "beta" but it's only a cover up for a heavily modified version of the program with all the goodies (plug-inns and bios). REMEMBER to set the proper "Cartridge" version, No$gba doesn't automatically do it.

Man, how will you deal with all the text?

There's (more or less) the entire script written on gamefaqs (yep, someone was crazy enough to write down EVERYTHING, so the least thing I can do is use that text for the lp). :smug:

PS: Okay, the emulator works perfectly, unfortunately, it doesn't seem able to make videos, or worse, save states (you do need these when you plan to do a lp and show every option and outcome).
:rage:
I'll see what I can do.

PPS: How do you print a screenshot in NO$GBA? It tells it's the "Print Screen" key from the keyboard, but it doesn't seem to do work, if the emulator is really capturing these images I cannot find where does the emulator save these pictures...

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
PS: Okay, the emulator works perfectly, unfortunately, it doesn't seem able to make videos, or worse, save states (you do need these when you plan to do a lp and show every option and outcome).
Ok, don't start getting catatonic on me.

1. Screenshots
"Print Screen" works but not the way you think. Press "Print Screen", open Paint, Ctrl+V, save as... Profit (it's not perfect but still usable).

2. Saves/save-states
You can save normally 95% of the time in this game by simply pressing "Enter". If you want to save that save just copy the folder "BATTERY" (save inside) and paste it somewhere else.

3. Configuration and conf. for the saves to work

conf.jpg

spekkio

Arcane
WhiskeyWolf said:
Here, use this version. It's says "beta" but it's only a cover up for a heavily modified version of the program with all the goodies (plug-inns and bios).
Not this shit again. :roll:
I proved in other thread that this version is not modified in ANY way, it's just old as fuck and has some totally unnecessary things included, like bios file.
I udnerstand that it works best on your old computer, but promoting it as "the best NDS emulator evar" is just

:retarded:

Sorry to break it for you, BRO, but you don't know what you are talking about here...

WhiskeyWolf said:
1. Screenshots
"Print Screen" works but not the way you think. Press "Print Screen", open Paint, Ctrl+V, save as... Profit (it's not perfect but still usable).

2. Saves/save-states
You can save normally 95% of the time in this game by simply pressing "Enter". If you want to save that save just copy the folder "BATTERY" (save inside) and paste it somewhere else.
I really hope that you're trolling him, WW. :(

@lightbane: use Desmume.

• Shift+F1-F10 to make quicksaves, F1-F10 to load them,
  • F12 for making screenshots
  • File->Record Avi to record Avi.
:rpgcodex:

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Not this shit again.
:smug:
I proved in other thread that this version is not modified in ANY way, it's just old as fuck and has some totally unnecessary things included, like bios file.
I udnerstand that it works best on your old computer, but promoting it as "the best NDS emulator evar" is just...
It's not the "best ever" emu. Ha, it may be old as fuck but the point is that when I wanted to play PW years back that Desmume of yours wasn't worth shit. It may be better now but not really superior enough for me to use it instead.

---------------------------------------------------
*Between the turn*

alcg3448.jpg

alcg3449.jpg

One of the most annoying things about the Demon Army are their magic-units. Their “attack-all-units” is not as devastating as it is irritating because of the duration.

alcg3450.jpg

alcg3451.jpg

alcg3453.jpg

alcg3454.jpg

alcg3455.jpg

The bad guys in this game are really “bad” guys.

*Between the turn*
Turn #82

alcg3456.jpg

It’s turn 82, time to finally get those fucking lemons or the Demon King will awake.

alcg3457.jpg

On the six floor we find what we were looking for.

alcg3458.jpg

alcg3459.jpg

alcg3460.jpg

alcg3461.jpg

After that we continue to the bottom and defeat everything in our way.

alcg3462.jpg

alcg3463.jpg

alcg3464.jpg

alcg3465.jpg

alcg3466.jpg

alcg3467.jpg

alcg3468.jpg

alcg3469.jpg

alcg3470.jpg

Happy End.

alcg3471.jpg

As my next action I decided to try the “milking” tactic on Orochi’s dungeon. So I was fooling around when somewhere around floor 10 it struck me that this is totally not my style. I understand the logic behind this but still it rubes me the wrong way. So I said “fuck it, might as well visit Orochi and check how fast will he blow us to oblivion”.

alcg3472.jpg

As you can see we aren’t really anything you could call “hurt badly”. Not to mention that this is the second dungeon in this turn, so everybody got a level up and are lacking a few hp.

alcg3473.jpg

This is my first screen-shot after I notice that I blow the Orochi-girls almost without a sweat. The second strange thing is that Orochi didn’t use his “Kill-All-You-Motherfucker”, at least not yet.

alcg3474.jpg

So the pounding goes on, Sill co-op with Rance which makes them a power to be recon with.

alcg3475.jpg

Then happens something that I have dreaded for a time now. Omachi managed to put a shield on Sill because I expected his normal attack would go in that direction. Still, it was damn worth it. The last time when I challenged Orochi he used that move on me and I lost five characters somewhere in the 50th lvl vicinity with full AP.

uss_iowa_bb-61_pr.jpg

Now I’m bringing all my guns to bear…

alcg3476.jpg

Orochi… must… DIE
(I swear to God, I don’t remember when the last time my hands trembled when playing a videogame)

alcg3477.jpg

He’s below 2000hp and I still have both rows!
(No, wait. I do remember – many years ago when fighting Aumann Anubis with Jehuty)

alcg3478.jpg

(Then again I was squashing the pad for something like 30 minutes)

alcg3479.jpg

I got you now you son-of-a-bitch, bend over because your ass is mine!

alcg3480.jpg

Her comes the breaking point. We can either push it and run out of AP or try to bring in the reserves. The problem here is that in that moment I was in such stress that I didn't remember who I had left.

alcg3481.jpg

I decided for the later and praise the Lord.

alcg3482.jpg

Guess who gets to finish the beast?

alcg3483.jpg

alcg3484.jpg

alcg3485.jpg

ww2-156.jpg

I wanted to dedicate this song to our victory… and to cute girls.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lTOnPc9h-c

alcg3486.jpg

The dead must rest.

alcg3487.jpg

+10 fucking points!

alcg3488.jpg

Time to end this chapter.

alcg3489.jpg

alcg3490.jpg

alcg3491.jpg

alcg3492.jpg

alcg3493.jpg

alcg3494.jpg

Now that we managed to slay Orochi the only thing left is the Demon Army.

alcg3495.jpg

alcg3496.jpg

alcg3497.jpg

I am very :smug: right now.

End of Turn #82

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
:love: :thumbsup: :mca: :incline: :yeah: :bro:

I remember fighting Anubis in ZoE2. Having him squash you in ZoE1 really added to it, and the cutscenes helped a lot as well.

And I didn't know Peace Walker had a soundtrack as great as this.

EDIT: Oh yea, Nozomi needs to be harassed as a reward for her good deed.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Vaarna_Aarne said:
And I didn't know Peace Walker had a soundtrack as great as this.
"Calling To The Night" and "Heavens Divide" are just too awesome. I'm ready to admit that they may be even better then the leading champions from MGS3 "Snake Eater" and "Main Theme".

Actually, the MGS series was always known for it's soundtracks.

Concerning the last update, I really faced Orochi with the "ah fuck it, hell or high-water" mentality. Then suddenly I see that Lady Luck is with me in the saddle... as the SAS motto goes "Who Dares, Wins".

On other news, don't worry - 300 is as good as ours. Also, if I remember correctly there will be at least two more (mandatory) rapes... both of them very tasteful :smug:

Luzur

Good Sir
i thought Japan would collapse or something when you beat him, but i still the game goes on, no game over yet.

:salute:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Luzur said:
i thought Japan would collapse or something when you beat him, but i still the game goes on, no game over yet.

The corpse is still there, and now it's no longer moving so no earthquakes.

roll-a-die

Magister
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Luzur said:

Hint in a few hundred years it causes a massive hole to open up in the center, releasing B-Energy.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
roll-a-die said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Luzur said:

Hint in a few hundred years it causes a massive hole to open up in the center, releasing B-Energy.
so it's the same universe?

i wonder how many of BBA characters are rance's descendants :smug:

roll-a-die

Magister
hoverdog said:
roll-a-die said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Luzur said:

so it's the same universe?
No idea, haven't made it to the national stage yet, and didn't make it there before my hard drive crash. Mostly making a shitty joke.
i wonder how many of BBA characters are rance's descendants :smug:
Shit loads I'd imagine, if it is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom