Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Illusive Man is an AI.

Freelance Henchman said:
John Di Maggio also voices Vido Santiago in the Zaeed ME2 DLC. :fanboi:
I'm not sure whether or not to take you seriously and say you're wrong and prove myself to be a fanboy.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Xor said:
Rather than make the shadow broker subplot end in ME3 with a dramatic reveal about it being an established character
Or, you know, not reveal who he is? He is supposed to be the fucking Shadow Broker after all... though I guess they kinda shot themsleves in the foot when they involved him in the plot to take Sheperd's body. SB was much more interesting in ME1 when he was a completely neutral and mysterious party; also, his switch from working against Saren (who had betrayed him to the Reapers) to working for the Collectors made no fucking sense.

Regarding TIM, you guys are giving Bioware waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much credit. There's no way in hell they'd ever come up with something as complex as this. He's just the guy you see on that station. Remember, he appears extensively in 2 of the books, and there's even a comic coming out about his younger days. So you can throw out any speculation of him being an AI/someone else out already.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Dicksmoker said:
Also, it shows that red lava planet in the background whenever you talk to him. After destroying the Collector base and you talk to him the last time, it is blue.

What's with that anyway?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sceptic said:
Xor said:
Rather than make the shadow broker subplot end in ME3 with a dramatic reveal about it being an established character
Or, you know, not reveal who he is? He is supposed to be the fucking Shadow Broker after all... though I guess they kinda shot themsleves in the foot when they involved him in the plot to take Sheperd's body. SB was much more interesting in ME1 when he was a completely neutral and mysterious party; also, his switch from working against Saren (who had betrayed him to the Reapers) to working for the Collectors made no fucking sense.

This just pisses me off more. :x

Havoc said:
Dicksmoker said:
Also, it shows that red lava planet in the background whenever you talk to him. After destroying the Collector base and you talk to him the last time, it is blue.

What's with that anyway?

Well, the ending scene of ME1 had Renegade!Shep stand in front of a red planet, and Paragon!Shep stand in front of a blue planet, iirc. It's probably just a "YOU ARE WINNER" effect.

Should be easy to check on the LP.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
That's... just stupid. Here I thought it's something interesting.

BearBomber

Scholar
hakuroshi said:
Illusive man is Shepard from alternative future.

brilliantb.jpg

Texas Red

Whiner
The Illusive Man is a self made, influential businessman who leads the Cerberus organization.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Judging by the art book in my ME2 collector's edition they spent a lot more time designing the illusive man's suit than they did anything else about him.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Isnt he a big corporate cue/lobbyist cameo introduced to join the good fight against corporations? He was Players 'boss' in part two simply because its hurr durr edgy and renegade.

kris

Arcane
Freelance Henchman said:
Wasn't there some notes in the Shadow Broker's database from that DLC that he's been screwing various supermodels in the Mass Effect universe?

So he is... Your father? :?

hakuroshi said:
Illusive man is Shepard from alternative future.

Black Shepard disagrees.

Pegultagol

Erudite
The Illusive Man is an exposition man, where all the loose ends at the end of ME3 will be sucked into like a black hole sucks in everything.

Or he could be a Prothean VI, a living artifact, for all I care.

SoupNazi

The first mission in ME3 will showcase a first live meeting between Shepard and the Illusive Man, only for the base to be attacked by Reapers, killing Illusive Man and sending Shepard to drift lifelessly in space until she's rebuilt-- wait a minute

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
"Or he could be a Prothean VI, a living artifact, for all I care."

That would be awesome... but it's bioware.

Drakron

Arcane
Sceptic said:
... also, his switch from working against Saren (who had betrayed him to the Reapers) to working for the Collectors made no fucking sense.

Sheppard can point this out when talking to Liara so its not as if they do not know it did not made sense.

Liara also cannot explain it and just advances some theories, one being that the Shadow Broker was trying to make a bargain with the Repears by working for the Collectors as he did knew about the Reapers.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Drakron said:
Sceptic said:
... also, his switch from working against Saren (who had betrayed him to the Reapers) to working for the Collectors made no fucking sense.

Sheppard can point this out when talking to Liara so its not as if they do not know it did not made sense.

Liara also cannot explain it and just advances some theories, one being that the Shadow Broker was trying to make a bargain with the Repears by working for the Collectors as he did knew about the Reapers.

Wasn't it also made clear that he was not the original Shadow Broker, but took that person's job? Not sure if it put a time frame on that, but it could have been another person during the ME1 time period (2+ years before ME2 as I recall).

Anyway, who gives a shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom