Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Yahtzee does New Vegas

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Fallout: New Vegas

<p><a href="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/2435-Fallout-New-Vegas">He takes "Fallout 3's expansion pack" out for some mother-fucking role-playing</a>.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>He said everything about Fallout 3 <a href="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/420-Fallout-3">in his Fallout 3 video</a>, so in this one, he has a hard time with flies, soda making him thirsty and stealing. Lots of stealing. In the end, his experience is ruined by interface issues and bugs.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Thanks <strong>Fens</strong>!</p>

Dr. Doom

Educated
Hey guys halp here. English is not my first language and I did not understand how he was able to get his legs back!!!!!??? This is mandatory for me to take the decision about buying or not this new shit.

Inziladun

Magister
He said he doesn't like RPGs, so he should prolly refrain from reviewing them. I know it's all for the lulz, but the man seriously has no clue what he's talking about.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Inziladun said:
He said he doesn't like RPGs, so he should prolly refrain from reviewing them.
He was told this like 3 years ago. He's obviously not a learnign animal.

TBH I never found him any good. As reviews, his videos are pure suck. As entertainment, they rely on a single gimmich that got old about halfway through the first review. I'll never understand what people like about him. Same for his games. They're alright (actually, 5 days and 7 days are alright; never played the others), but to hear the fanboys they're the best adventure games evar.

Zomg

Arbiter
I think he's still pretty funny most of the time, but that was amazingly low effort. Like he played a game for 3-4 hours, griped at the stuff he could figure an easy angle to joke-gripe at with no analysis, then stopped and the video stopped and cue the escapist rock song. Seemed like some kind of bitchy "I don't want to make a real video this week :cry:" thing

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Inziladun said:
He said he doesn't like RPGs, so he should prolly refrain from reviewing them. I know it's all for the lulz, but the man seriously has no clue what he's talking about.

Or better yet: put his bias on the shelf and review the game for what it is. Of course that wouldn't go with his persona.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I can't believe people get paid for copping a moronic shtick like this and rambling on with opinions no more or less informed than ones you'd find on any internet forum. Although Giant Bomb does the same incoherent rambling... just without the shtick.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
I'd pay money to see him try and review Jagged Alliance 2. The levels of imminent fail would keep me entertained for days.

Miew

Novice
I sometimes like Yahtzees reviews for pointing out some of the things that are obviously wrong with some games that are overly praised by all other reviewers. Sometimes I think he does have a point.
But in the NV review he didn't. Really didn't say much about the game at all...

As far as I know Zero Punctuation is the most popular feature on the escapist, and Yahtzee is expected to "rip any game to shreds". Since he's responsible for a lot of the traffic the escapist gets and people now expect him to talk about NV as well, I guess that puts a lot of pressure on him.

I feel like Zero punctuation would be a lot better if it was just some show on youtube with a new episode once a month, when there's really something worth saying.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Gragt said:
Or better yet: put his bias on the shelf and review the game for what it is. Of course that wouldn't go with his persona.
To be fair, this particular game reviewing skill seems to have vanished at least 15 years ago.

Multi-headed Cow

Metro said:
I can't believe people get paid for copping a moronic shtick like this and rambling on with opinions no more or less informed than ones you'd find on any internet forum. Although Giant Bomb does the same incoherent rambling... just without the shtick.
I hate to admit it but Giantbomb is a guilty pleasure of mine and I watch their quick looks religiously. Admittedly that's about the only part of the site I view, but I watch almost every one of those fuckers entirely through.

Zomg

Arbiter
I don't care about bias, but he should at least be like ripping on RPGs as an inherently shitty genre or shitting on the engine or controls or anything, not just LPing the first few hours of a game plus joke gripes because he has to review it and finish his book report somehow.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Multi-headed Cow said:
I hate to admit it but Giantbomb is a guilty pleasure of mine and I watch their quick looks religiously. Admittedly that's about the only part of the site I view, but I watch almost every one of those fuckers entirely through.

I watch them for information purposes and to see game play but if you ever listen to them actually talk they say almost nothing that isn't patently obvious to anyone with a pulse.

Only 'reviewer' I've seen that does a pretty solid job of explaining the strengths and weaknesses of games is a dude on youtube that goes by 'antisocialfatman.' Unfortunately his reviews are fairly sporadic as he's not professional and isn't comped games.

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
Zomg said:
I think he's still pretty funny most of the time, but that was amazingly low effort. Like he played a game for 3-4 hours, griped at the stuff he could figure an easy angle to joke-gripe at with no analysis, then stopped and the video stopped and cue the escapist rock song. Seemed like some kind of bitchy "I don't want to make a real video this week :cry:" thing
He did the same thing with Fallout 3: played it for a few hours before reviewing it. His review of Failout 3 actually praised the game more than chided. It was sickeningly uncharacteristic of him.
I remember that I was struck by how he failed to mention the absolute brainfart that was the ending of FO3, which, along with other things, led me to believe that he never actually finished the game; completely understandable. So, yeah, he definitely should stick to "reviewing" console FPSs and platformers since his reviews of "RPGs" never pan out well.

Kz3r0

Arcane
poocolator said:
Zomg said:
He did the same thing with Fallout 3: played it for a few hours before reviewing it. His review of Failout 3 actually praised the game more than chided. It was sickeningly uncharacteristic of him.
I remember that I was struck by how he failed to mention the absolute brainfart that was the ending of FO3,
Poor Bethesda, they are forced to bribe retards now.

CreamySpinach

Educated
Ok I promise I won't post this again. I just need verification if it sums up our Fallout 3 to New Vegas Transition feelings.
0001tv.png

CreamySpinach

Educated
Miew said:
I sometimes like Yahtzees reviews for pointing out some of the things that are obviously wrong with some games that are overly praised by all other reviewers. Sometimes I think he does have a point.
But in the NV review he didn't. Really didn't say much about the game at all...

As far as I know Zero Punctuation is the most popular feature on the escapist, and Yahtzee is expected to "rip any game to shreds". Since he's responsible for a lot of the traffic the escapist gets and people now expect him to talk about NV as well, I guess that puts a lot of pressure on him.

I feel like Zero punctuation would be a lot better if it was just some show on youtube with a new episode once a month, when there's really something worth saying.

What the fuck. Are you Zero Punctuation trying to convince us to feel sorry for you? The fuck.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Sceptic said:
Inziladun said:
He said he doesn't like RPGs, so he should prolly refrain from reviewing them.
He was told this like 3 years ago. He's obviously not a learnign animal.
NV is the new big thing (surprizingly) and he's simply required to "review" it.

Zomg said:
Yep.

What I found most funny was FO3: "Watching super mutants heads explode in threee different ways in VATS never loses its appeal."
NV:"Couldn't be bothered to wait for slowmo bullets to kill stuff in VATS."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom