Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bioware's Next Game

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Youtube version of the shitty Teaser Trailer because of that shitty Flash Spike TV Kotaku shit.

It's a BioWare game, it's pretty much guaranteed to be shit.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I wonder how many articles on gamastura revolves around; "Morality in games".

I've seen atleast a dozen.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
So they're going to release some linear popamole shooter set in the Mass Effect universe that shows people just how close to a linear popamole shooter the "RPG" games are in the first place?

Awesome.

Multi-headed Cow

I will only buy this game if I can impregnate other players in multiplayer like Fable 3. Maybe unexpected forceful sex as a melee attack if you get the drop on another player.

Gosling

Liturgist
deus101 said:
http://gamasutra.com/view/news/31022/Opinion_Gaming_and_Confronting_Our_Humanity.php

Gamasutra dishwasher said:
Toward the end of a certain mission in Mass Effect 2, I had decisions to make. There was now a large team of people who looked up to me, depended on me for answers, and wanted me to lead them. It was time for me to establish who would go where with whom, and who would do what. Time passed in the real world as I hit the guide button on my controller and went to wash dishes. I told myself I had things to do, but the truth was I simply couldn’t decide.

Wut? No, seriously.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I for one welcome how Bioware continously distances themselves from the RPG genre. More cover shooters!

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Crooked Bee said:
So Bioware's the developer for EA's attempt at outdoing Kotick's Call of Duty? Good to know.
What a fuck-up.

EA guy 1: Hmm, we need something to rival Call of Duty, which developer should we use?
EA guy 2: HEY! HEY! We should let BioWare make a cover shooter!
EA guy 1: Fantastic idea!

Seriously, they're not even remotely trying to hide the fact that Bio don't make RPGs anymore.

Black

Arcane
More like this
Guy1: Guys, it seems like Bioware isn't working that much, maybe give them a side project
Guy2: Good idea, call Bioware
Guy3: HEY BIOWARE COME HERE
Biowareguy: Yes, lord?
Guy1: Make something you're good at
BWguy: Shitty shooter it is, lord.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Black said:
More like this
Guy1: Guys, it seems like Bioware isn't working that much, maybe give them a side project
Guy2: Good idea, call Bioware
Guy3: HEY BIOWARE... stop sucking my cock and listen!
Biowareguy comes out from under the table: Yes, lord?
Guy1: Make something you're good at
BWguy: Shitty shooter it is, lord.

Fixed. :smug:

Nael

Arcane
They're doing what every hack producer of sci-fi/fantasy does these days... They're making a prequel. Duh.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Reconite said:
You fags will buy it and you will love it anyway.

You couldn't be more wrong. I haven't paid for a Bioware game since Neverwinter Nights.

If it's interesting and doesn't cost me money to play (basically if its not a completely online game), I might get it. I'm mostly interested in finding out what it is.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
A thought occurs to me. It could be Sonic Dark Brotherhood 2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom