Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

Yandere

Novice
root said:
"No, you shall not, Space Marine. I cannot trust the life of my men to four hundred madmen who are catatonic in despair as their God has vanished from their lives."

I'm surprised he survived telling a Space Marine that.

About the choice,

A.

Because the idea is awesome and very Orky.

And if we later fall to Nurgle a mobile fortress possesed by one of His demons is bound to turn into something very unique.

Nael

Arcane
A

Put the Techmarines to work. There should be no idle hands and hopefully the end result is something that can benefit the remnants of our chapter. We might be stuck on this rock for a while.

No worries. Pretty good work for the amount of updates you're doing. :salute:

Just to clarify, I didn't feel inside/outside choice was ambiguous, but rather whether or not a plan would be worked out with the IG. Also, and this betrays my lack of WH40k knowledge, these astartes are most effective in open terrain, close combat?

desocupado

Magister
That "daemon of wealth and taste" sounded very silly indeed, especially because I didn't get the reference.

Is it a reference to what?

Also, it may betray my little knowledge of the setting, but I always imagined Space Marines (at least the higher ranking ones) as expert and knowledgeable tacticians, after all you can't survive a thousand battles on your armor and weapons alone.

So it was very weird to have such a devastating option chosen by the Brother-Captain. Although it's us that are choosing the options, we are sort of using his "stats". I expected to have both options as valid tactics, and the unforeseeable to determine what was right or not. Like the situation at the Battlebarge, when the Lorekeeper decided to search the insides of the ship, instead of staying on the outside.

In short, we did not make the character, so play the character like he is, not as if we suddenly were transported inside him and don't have a clue about what is north or south.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
desocupado said:
That "daemon of wealth and taste" sounded very silly indeed, especially because I didn't get the reference.

Is it a reference to what?
It's a reference to 'Sympathy for the Devil', a song by The Rolling Stones.
I just thought it sounded really forced and out of nowhere, especially given the setting and what's happening.
The squad was about to face down a greater demon of Tzeentch in a hopeless and horrifying battle, is it really appropriate to throw in some random humor at the start?
But that's just what I think, and I'll just drop it here.

oscar

Arcane
Pretty conflicted about this. I don't want us getting too settled down on Cadia if the world is just a barren wasteland now (and losing our Land Raiders to build Dead Reckoning ). But if the world's population and industrial base have survived (as the fortress would attest too) then we'll need it to resupply and perhaps become our chapter's homeworld. So no vote from me.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Fuck this shit. Land raiders are awesome vehicles, and I'd rather we didn't cannibalize them.

But then again, we need the ability to resupply on the move. It's very costly, but seems to me our best choice would be A

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
A

Great, I miss 2 updates because of real life, and you furfags had to go and lose the chapters balls. Whoever heard of an EXTREME version of Black Templars hiding in a fortress when there was melee to be done?

Also, that rendering of the warscythe is omnious to say the least. I seem to remember some of the fluff text in the Necron codex, where an imperial assassin using a necron blade finds her own weapon turns on her when she tries to kill a necron spy with it.

Chef_Hathaway

King of the Juice
Patron
White Knight
Divinity: Original Sin BattleTech
A

oh and here's a shitty rendering of Brother-Captain Ezekiel's Warscythe

warscythe.jpg

Ezekial doesn't happen to be a former member of the Deathwatch, does he?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Space marines meatshielding for the imperial guard? This is the utmost heresy!

A

I still want to get off this world, but a mobile base would be invaluable against the slow necrons that infest this world.

That Warscythe looks like a necron pariah thing, am I correct in assuming there is a correlation?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
root said:
oh and here's a shitty rendering of Brother-Captain Ezekiel's Warscythe

warscythe.jpg

Ah, I found the reference I was looking for.

Lexicanum said:
C'tan phase weapons (also known as fractal edged weapons) (including the Callidus Assassin Phase Sword, Cypher's Phase Knife, Necron Warscythes and the metal bodies of the C'tan themselves) are all based around a metal blade of unknown composition that, through the use of highly advanced Necron physics, is capable of slicing through any object irrespective of its physical properties. Energy shields, armour and even daemonic bodies are of no defence against a Phase Weapon. However, as the C'tan Necrodermis is made of the same metal and has the same properties, attacking a C'tan with a Phase Weapon disarms the attacker, as the metal becomes a part of the C'tan's Necrodermis shell.

Something we need to be aware of if we get a surprise visit from any necron star gods.

uona

Novice
B

I dont like the putting all the eggs in one basket approach. One wrong choice with our new and improved land barge and its game over.[/code]

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I hope you faggots are very happy about dooming our ASM.

Also, the ASM jump in, raep a whole lot of necron warriors, and what, they all suddenly turn around and start cheering like retards, not seeing the dead bodies (probably all around them) rising one by one and all die instead of jumping out? How does that make sense?

Anyway, A!!!!!11111111 because we need resupplying, and while Land Raiders have the firepower, they don't quite work as dispensers and medbays.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom