Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

Korgan

Arbiter
anus_pounder said:
Nael said:
1.) I believe our first order of business should be an establishment of a chain of command between the two forces: Cadian guard and Space Marines. I think it goes without saying that the Cadians understand the tactical situation best and we must defer to them to some degree, as hard as that may seem to one of the Emperor's Chosen. Any dissent should be dealt with rapidly and harshly. This is most definitely not the time for bickering or infighting. The Cadians must learn to trust their new allies, and we must learn to swallow a bit of our well earned pride.

2.) We must find a means of rapid conveyance besides land craft, both for attack and, Emperor forbid, retreat. Survival is paramount as is the ability to engage on our own terms while minimizing casualties and resource consumption. I believe our Techmarines are best suited for this task for obvious reasons.

3.) We need to evaluate our Kasr from top to bottom and adapt it in any way we can for defense against the Necron threat. Brother Ezekiel appears to have some previous knowledge of the Necrons and perhaps he should be put in charge of this task along with whoever among the Cadians knows the Kasr structure best. This is the order that I believe will unite us with the Cadians in the most productive manner which leads me to my final point...

4.) For the time being we must abandon all hope of ever leaving this rock. Not only is this line of wishful thinking a dangerous distraction but it would undermine the much needed unity between our two forces. We must learn to work as one force together in the name of Mankind alone. Here and now. Our differences must be set aside entirely if we are to survive. We must believe that wherever the Emperor has gone he would want us to strive to ensure that our race go on without him, but to remain steadfast in the pledge we made in His glorious name.

OFFICIAM AUT MORTIS + IMPERATOR VULT + NEUTIQUAM ERROS

This.
You have my support. Also, with an eye towards the long-term survival of the chapter, we'd better make sure that our Apothecaries have the facilities to create new Astartes. Certainly Creed wouldn't mind us recruiting among his surviving Whiteshield youths? In these dire and unprecedented circumstances, we could very well disregard the limit of one thousand per chapter, as the Black Templars already do.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
It's not like we even have anywhere close to one thousand left anyway.

Korgan

Arbiter
So, unless we want to defect to Chaos, an alliance with the Eldar sounds pretty much mandatory. They'll probably be interested in it too. Therefore, a simple plan: leave a huge message to them somewhere around here. They've been to Cadia before, even helping humanity against the Despoiler occasionally, and they're certainly observing it now.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Shouldn't techpriests or similar omnissiah worshipers be able to do something with necron tech? Although stealing necron tech might very well mike it harder to ally the eldar.

I'd prefer we pursuit an alliance with the witches over some possiblity of acquiring necron tech.

anus_pounder

Arcane
root said:
very interesting.

there is another option i forgot to mention in the dialogue because it sounded too EXTREME even for me, but as battlebrothers you should be technically aware of it: most Black Ships of the Ordos and Battlebarges carry two-stage torpedoes that are able to bore into the planet's surface and detonate inside its core. You could destroy Cadia, if you wanted to. Well, when I say could...

:yeah:

Nael

Arcane
root said:
very interesting.

there is another option i forgot to mention in the dialogue because it sounded too EXTREME even for me, but as battlebrothers you should be technically aware of it: most Black Ships of the Ordos and Battlebarges carry two-stage torpedoes that are able to bore into the planet's surface and detonate inside its core. You could destroy Cadia, if you wanted to. Well, when I say could...

That's still much more attractive than consorting with daemons.

Also, if I were a Space Marine I would be loathe to beg for aid from the Eldar. Especially in front of the Cadians. Shameful would be an understatement. If the Eldar present themselves to us however I could see at least being cordial enough with them to keep our options open. But let us stand tall despite our situations. Grovelling and betrayal are not becoming of the Emperor's finest.

anus_pounder

Arcane
What if it was the Cadians and Creed doing the asking? As of our current morale, i doubt we would object much...

EDIT: Seeing a shattered group of SM like us is refreshing. :thumbsup: to root for this entertaining failure. Srs.

entropy

Novice
Nael said:
1.) I believe our first order of business should be an establishment of a chain of command between the two forces: Cadian guard and Space Marines. I think it goes without saying that the Cadians understand the tactical situation best and we must defer to them to some degree, as hard as that may seem to one of the Emperor's Chosen. Any dissent should be dealt with rapidly and harshly. This is most definitely not the time for bickering or infighting. The Cadians must learn to trust their new allies, and we must learn to swallow a bit of our well earned pride.

2.) We must find a means of rapid conveyance besides land craft, both for attack and, Emperor forbid, retreat. Survival is paramount as is the ability to engage on our own terms while minimizing casualties and resource consumption. I believe our Techmarines are best suited for this task for obvious reasons.

3.) We need to evaluate our Kasr from top to bottom and adapt it in any way we can for defense against the Necron threat. Brother Ezekiel appears to have some previous knowledge of the Necrons and perhaps he should be put in charge of this task along with whoever among the Cadians knows the Kasr structure best. This is the order that I believe will unite us with the Cadians in the most productive manner which leads me to my final point...

4.) For the time being we must abandon all hope of ever leaving this rock. Not only is this line of wishful thinking a dangerous distraction but it would undermine the much needed unity between our two forces. We must learn to work as one force together in the name of Mankind alone. Here and now. Our differences must be set aside entirely if we are to survive. We must believe that wherever the Emperor has gone he would want us to strive to ensure that our race go on without him, but to remain steadfast in the pledge we made in His glorious name.

This is the best course of action.

Orgasm

Barely Literate
I hope root has something better up his sleeve than awakening necrons. Hopefully something non canon.

Codex 2012 MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I AM DRUNNK QR5534 QQ WEDDING BUT i THINK WESHOULD BVASH SOME GITS AROUND AND GET MORALEE AND DEVOTION BACCK. yEAH. KILL SOME YEEEAH. XEEMS LIKE VERYONE IS CIWERing..... follow yout instincts aand we will be fine. we willlbe strong aagaainst heresy AND TRAITORMEN we will be sgtronger BECAUSSSE OV THEM. REALLY WE SHOULD THANK THEMFOR GIVING US THE ADVANTAAAAAAAGE. I WILL PASSS OUY NOWBYE

Ages ogf combsy and teaining will not fail versus a simple be.ief check.

Nael

Arcane
silver crowaxe said:
I AM DRUNNK QR5534 QQ WEDDING BUT i THINK WESHOULD BVASH SOME GITS AROUND AND GET MORALEE AND DEVOTION BACCK. yEAH. KILL SOME YEEEAH. XEEMS LIKE VERYONE IS CIWERing..... follow yout instincts aand we will be fine. we willlbe strong aagaainst heresy AND TRAITORMEN we will be sgtronger BECAUSSSE OV THEM. REALLY WE SHOULD THANK THEMFOR GIVING US THE ADVANTAAAAAAAGE. I WILL PASSS OUY NOWBYE

Exactly.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
silver crowaxe said:

Solid truth.

Korgan

Arbiter
entropy said:
Nael said:

Vital additions:
5) Find out what stocks of gene-seed and capability for creating Marines do we have. If work can begin in a few months' time:
- In light of the recent events, reform the Chapter into a Legion, denouncing the 1000 Astartes limit (a return to pre-Heresy organization is obviously impossible, though, so we'll have to think of something new).
- Begin recruiting among Cadian juves aged 12-15 *indiscriminately*, transforming them as quickly as reasonably possible. They'd all be good enough material even in less desperate conditions. Creed will certainly understand.
6) Keep broadcasting an invitation for the Eldar - the Loremaster should know something about Craftworld Ulthwe, very active around the Eye - to cooperate and negotiate. Maybe we won't need to beg them before they come running themselves.

Nael

Arcane
Korgan said:
entropy said:
Nael said:

Vital additions:
5) Find out what stocks of gene-seed and capability for creating Marines do we have. If work can begin in a few months' time:
- In light of the recent events, reform the Chapter into a Legion, denouncing the 1000 Astartes limit (a return to pre-Heresy organization is obviously impossible, though, so we'll have to think of something new).
- Begin recruiting among Cadian juves aged 12-15 *indiscriminately*, transforming them as quickly as reasonably possible. They'd all be good enough material even in less desperate conditions. Creed will certainly understand.
6) Keep broadcasting an invitation for the Eldar - the Loremaster should know something about Craftworld Ulthwe, very active around the Eye - to cooperate and negotiate. Maybe we won't need to beg them before they come running themselves.

5 - Entirely agreed. Even the most jaded of the Lord Castellan's troops should recognize the advantage gained in utilizing any viable geneseed on Cadian stock.

6 - Again, I'm not sure if I agree with the wisdom of deliberately asking the Eldar for help. If they decide to approach us we can then assess the situation from a neutral position (hopefully). Never expect charity from the witches without the expectation of some sort of price tag.

:rpgcodex:

oscar

Arcane
Are we to assume a fairly large proportion of the Cadian population and industry has survived? If so they'll make excellent genetic stock for marines. Hell even regular Cadian Guardsmen will be useful. Will we ditch the chapter's traditional focus on rapid surprise melee assault and reform doctrine? We're also sorely lacking in solid, inspirational marine commanders.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Nael said:

Sounds good to me

Nael

Arcane
The geneseed thing is a very long term plan. We're talking decades before it's usefulness becomes apparent. But as Korgan alluded to we should at least find out what we're working with in terms of viable geneseed. But I wonder what the Cadians will even think of the idea anyway. No SM chapters have ever recruited from the planet, have they? Cadia is staunchly Imperial Guard unless I missed something.

juggernaut

Educated
This thread made me finally install Dawn of War 2 which I had been putting off for a while, so now I'm reading root's posts in that dramatic faux-Roman accent:

root said:
fear not brother orgasm, all in good time.

:lol:

And what Nael and Korgan said, except for asking the Eldar for help :/

Korgan

Arbiter
Nael said:
The geneseed thing is a very long term plan. We're talking decades before it's usefulness becomes apparent. But as Korgan alluded to we should at least find out what we're working with in terms of viable geneseed. But I wonder what the Cadians will even think of the idea anyway. No SM chapters have ever recruited from the planet, have they? Cadia is staunchly Imperial Guard unless I missed something.
Under the circumstances, I doubt anyone wouldn't want some of their kids to be turned into supersoldiers. For frag's sake, most boys here serve in Youth Armies from around 13-14.
(For those who didn't know, the maximum age for turning an human into a Marine is about 16 y.o., it almost never works on anyone older than that).

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Korgan said:
entropy said:
Nael said:

Vital additions:

I agree on points 1-5. Actively seeking the eldar for help would be another hit for morale. We can't afford any more of those. It's also semi-dubious the guardsmen will be thrilled to join us given our dismal performance in the defense of the Kasr.

uona

Novice
how about scouts/initiates? they dont require the full space mareen treatment right? Only half the surgeries or something?

I say we forget about the 1000 man limit. Recruit lots of new initiates.

Yandere

Novice
While we are at it, did we manage to extract the progenoid glands from at least some of all those marines we have lost already?

root said:
You have failed us yet again, Abaddon. Thirteen black crusades, and nary a victory. We have endured your ineptitude for ten thousand years.

There you actually managed to capture how almost all Chaos sympathizers i have ever met felt about Abaddon. Good Job.

:salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom