Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

IGN's best PC games of 2010

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I haven't found a topic on the subject, and it's rather lulzy, so here are some RPG-related highlights. Each category had five nominees. I marked the winners in bold.

Click for full list.

BEST STORY

Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Assassin's Creed II
BioShock 2
Fallout: New Vegas
Mass Effect 2 <- Right...

FUNNIEST GAME

Borderlands: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx
Dead Rising 2
Deathspank
Poker Night at the Inventory
Sam & Max Season 3 -- The Devil's Playhouse

MOST INNOVATIVE GAMEPLAY

Alpha Protocol
Mass Effect 2 <- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nimbus
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
Splinter Cell: Conviction

BEST CHARACTER

General Knoxx (Borderlands: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx)
Illusive Man (Mass Effect 2) <- Illusive Man. Best character. Really.
Mr. House (Fallout: New Vegas)
Sam Fisher (Splinter Cell: Conviction)
Sofia Lamb (BioShock 2)

BEST VISUALS

Assassin's Creed II
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Mass Effect 2
Napoleon: Total War
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

BEST SOUNDTRACK

BioShock 2
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
Mass Effect 2
STALKER: Call of Pripyat

MOST BANG FOR BUCK (?)

Bejeweled 3
Fallout: New Vegas
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

BEST SCI-FI GAME

Mass Effect 2
Assassin's Creed II
Sins of a Solar Empire: Diplomacy
Supreme Commander 2
Transformers: War for Cybertron

[Wait, there's Transformers here but no StarCraft II - what the fuck?]

BEST HORROR GAME

BioShock 2
Fallout: New Vegas <- Wait. F:NV. Horror?
Metro 2033

BEST FANTASY GAME

Arcania: Gothic IV <- OH YEAH.
Darksiders <- Darksiders is a PC game now?
Divinity 2: Ego Draconis
Dragon Age: Origins -- Awakening
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

BEST BLOCKBUSTER GAME

Assassin's Creed II
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Splinter Cell: Conviction

[Why does this category even exists? So that high budget game win SOME rewards/nominations even if they are shittier than cheaper made games?]

PC GAME OF THE YEAR

Civilization V
Mass Effect 2

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Do I really want to comment?

AC2 Sci-Fi? Just because of that 2% background Sci-Fi settings?

AP and ME2 running for innovative gameplay? The former is vastly inspired by Splinter Cell Conviction (the gameplay is, especially, and SPC was released earlier), the latter is... is... I don't know, but someone explain me how it is innovative? Not the slightest bit of it can be called "innovative", not even by the most shameless bioware fangay.

And yeah, you can find Darksiders on PC. The Swashbuckling Harbour has a nice 12Gb release of it. Calling it a "PC game" makes me cringe tho.

As usual, you can't spell "IGNorance" without IGN.

Yeesh

Magister
6y1r49.jpg

MicoSelva said:
BEST SCI-FI GAME

Mass Effect 2
Assassin's Creed II
Sins of a Solar Empire: Diplomacy
Supreme Commander 2
Transformers: War for Cybertron

[Wait, there's Transformers here but no StarCraft II - what the fuck?]
Well, there are no space elves in Transformers, for one.
But the line between Science Fiction and Space Fantasy has been blurred by mainstream a while ago, so who knows. I may not care much about AC2, but it seems to be the only one to have at least something to do with Sci-Fi on that list, anyway.

Gerrard

Arcane
BEST SOUNDTRACK
Seriously? I mean the outro music is fucking awesome and pretty much one of the best ending songs ever, but the rest?

Quilty

Magister
At least Amnesia is getting the recognition it deserves. It's a good game.

grotsnik

Arcane
Quilty said:
At least Amnesia is getting the recognition it deserves. It's a good game.

Yeah; nice to see it receiving some award-love, in spite of the list's other stupidities.

Epsilon

Cipher
Indeed if I had to pickout a game that actually deserves consideration for best something of the year, it'd have to be Amnesia.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Epsilon said:
Indeed if I had to pickout a game that actually deserves consideration for best something of the year, it'd have to be Amnesia.
No love for New Vegas? :<

MetalCraze

Arcane
I like how there are two console games in "PC Game of the Year".
If anything that list proves how hard modern games suck - because there are either primitive console shooters or a dumbed down strategy game

Konjad said:
Epsilon said:
No love for New Vegas? :<

Let's see. They took Fallout. They dumbed down the shit out of SPECIAL. They turned it into a shooter. They added retarded writing and lulz to it. Love!

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
And this is why IGN is the Asshole of the industry that only mainstream care about.

CrimHead

Scholar
Actually they took Fallout 3 and added good writing to it.

And that's p. much it.

So it still has the same shit engine, shit interface, shit combat (OH SHIT I BETTER START BACKPEDDLING LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER AWAY FROM THIS FAGGOT WITH AN IRON PIPE EVEN THO I GOT A LMG), shit character customization, shit difficulty, shit...

BUT VAULT DWELLER APPROVED C&C!!!11 BEST GAEM OF ALL TIEM

fallout-new-vegas-dlc-announced-as-xbox-360-exclusive-header.jpg

Totally on par with Deus Ex, Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines, and Planescape Torment.

TOTALLY.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
CrimHead said:
Totally on par with Deus Ex, Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines, and Planescape Torment.

TOTALLY.

Yeah, all those games have shit combat, shit charachter customization and shit interface.

:smug:

Oesophagus

Arcane
No, seriously, it looks as if the cockgobblers guys at IGN decided that they're gonna give ME2 the most awards, and then just randomly picked the categories. Either this or they're trying to actively troll the codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom