Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Afterfall 14 min gameplay

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I was on the team, before they changed the name to Afterfall and long before they went derpderpderp.

MapMan

Arcane
It could've been good game. Meh. But on the other hand I totally understand the folks who make this game. Polish game developer scene is almost non existient. It's really hard to get into game development and when they had their chance, they did everything to not fuck it up.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
WTF, wasn't this supposed to be an actionRPG or something ? This looks like a Dead Space clone. Oh, and the combat looks craptastic.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Actually, it was supposed to be an Isometric PostApo-SciFi RPG.

baronjohn

Cipher
Great, another postmodern wonder. I watched the whole video and didn;t have a clue what was going on

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
It was supposed to be a successor of Fallout :lol: .
Too bad they went crazily overambitious.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
While the game was still a Fallout spiritual successor it had awesome promo art.

What_will_be_after____by_OmeN2501.jpg

Angthoron

Arcane
The English at 2:12 is priceless.

Note:

To enter the second door, you must had keys. You remember where dey are or you not enter. The pot! I don't want repeating this over and over, but I know you're having good but short memory.

Press [Spacebar] to close.

It takes talent to use a slang version of "they" in a Google Translate text, really, it does. And "Good but short memory", heh, what the hell.

Angthoron

Arcane
Ah, right, so it was meant as a joke then. Still, I have to say that translating national humour doesn't quite always work, and piled with the rest of the message, translator fails badly.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Note:

To enter the second door, you must had keys. You remember where dey are or you not enter. The pot! I don't want repeating this over and over, but I know you're having good but short memory.

Press [Spacebar] to close.
Jesus fucking Christ :what:

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I think it was intentional.

The footage you see is for a horror shooter Afterfall: Something. The RPG is supposed to be the third game, because the Afterfall world is so big, it needs time.

There was a time i actually cared about this game.
How young and foolish i was. From now on i shall call every game shit until it's proven not to be.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Havoc said:

The footage you see is for a horror shooter Afterfall: Something. The RPG is supposed to be the third game, because the Afterfall world is so big, it needs time.

So they're doing this in order to get enough moneyz for the real deal?

Eh, it sure is a letdown, though. I remember doing an interview with them for the Codex and they answered with lots of really cool shit.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=168

That was two years ago, now they're making a third person shooter. Eh.

MetalCraze

Arcane
What's with the retarded camera position? Why the fuck does his body take literally 1/4 of the screen?

Stopped watching after I saw "find an alternative way" considering that the corridor is linear as fuck.

bhlaab

Erudite
Wow that looks awful.

5 minutes of walking through a linear scripted events showcase followed by a key hunt then what looks to be the clumsiest combat I've seen since the alone in the dark reboot.

'Cinematic' gaming at its best.

bhlaab

Erudite
JarlFrank said:
Havoc said:

So they're doing this in order to get enough moneyz for the real deal?

Yeah because that makes sense, create a graphical showcase 'current-gen' setpiece action game in order to fund your old school isometric RPG.

It makes even more sense because you can see this game being a flop a mile away. Derivative in all the wrong places and Risky in... all the wrong places

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
MetalCraze said:
What's with the retarded camera position? Why the fuck does his body take literally 1/4 of the screen?

Stopped watching after I saw "find an alternative way" considering that the corridor is linear as fuck.
I got to that point too. A minute in and we already had "find an alternative way" because a car fell in front of him and blocked the path, he then turns around and walks through a doorway... only to have another thing fall immediately after that and block his exit. Do game developers now just spend all their time working out ways to pointlessly block shit off because they have nothing better to do?

His next action is to find a note that conveniently tells him where a key is (that is, assuming I understood that aborted translation correctly). He then finds the classic "IMAH RITIN A NOET WHILE BEIN ATTAKD" note.

Seems like doors are closing behind him and locking as he completes an area. Yet more indicators this game is linear as shit.

I see that thing on his arm is a heart rate monitor. So this is one of those games where the character can't stand looking at a dead body? Joy.

I don't get why he closed a damn wall... only to walk across on a floating bath tub and not the top of the wall. The whole game seems rather contrived.

Combat looks clunky.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I read somewhere that they are expecting to release it early in 2011, but if that video is presentation of game beta and not some very old build then this will be a epic fail.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom